[REVIEW] Woo WA6 vs Schiit Valhalla vs ALO Pan Am. The hard sell.
Feb 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #31 of 33

mrbigsby

100+ Head-Fier
I agree 100%. I love that Pan Am sound, it just needs to go in a proper casing, rather than a powder coated temporary one 
size]
 If you like the Pan Am sound, try the WA7- Its quite similar, but a little more serious in that it reaches slightly deeper, and higher at both ends, i love it!

Nov 2, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #32 of 33

Bakayume

Head-Fier
Loved this review, thanks mrbigsby! I am based in Sydney, and just starting my journey into audio (Bilbo Baggins style).

I am looking into the Pan Am / Woo Audio Fireflies. I think I am leaning towards the Fireflies, but if a Pan Am deal comes up that I cannot say no to, I might have to impulse buy it.

I started out with cheaper DAC/AMPS, with the Sennheiser HD598's and only recently bought AKG Q701's. I am finding the sound out of the Q701 with my Topping D2 / Fiio E18 a little lacking.

Biggest problem with me is that I have expensive tastes and no money. So I guess that gives me some time to research and try to catch up in a Sydney meet to identify what is right for me.

I was at a mates place and tried the Q701 with his AVR Denon 3313, and while I know that sounds can be better, I was pretty much in audio heaven. I say this because I have not yet experienced anything better in my audio journey ... yet.

Sep 12, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #33 of 33

feanorean

Head-Fier
Hey Bigsby,

Great review of some very popular tube amps. You say in your post "Compare this to the WA6 Australian price of $699". Where were you sourcing your WA6 from at this price?? Most places I look retail the WA6 for ~$1000. So the price difference to the Pan Am would be less pronounced.

I'm in the market for a WA6 myself so I'd be interested to know.

Cheers,
F. 

Users who are viewing this thread