[REVIEW] VSONIC VC1000 Dual Armature IEM - Putting the 'fun' in funtastico
Mar 30, 2013 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

djvkool

Headphoneus Supremus

INTRODUCTION

With all the massive hype around VSONIC's new flagship V7007 (used to be known as GR08), you could be forgiven to not seeing this coming. In fact, if it wasn't for Putente who started the info thread, not many people would have known about this.
I took the plunge to be one of the first to purchase this, simply because of my good track record with dual-driver IEM (UE700, B2, TDK IE800, FA Tandem), all of which I love, and also VSONIC's good track record of producing a good IEM.

There is only one place (I think) which you can purchase this from for time being, a seller called bigbargainonline from eBay, It took about 2 weeks from the time of purchase, until it turned up at my door

This is VSONIC's second VC-range of IEM, the first one being the well-liked VC02.

SPECS (from the little leaflet inside the box)

1. Driver - Dual Armature (Knowles)
  2. Impedance - 32Ω at 500hz (50Ω at 1000hz)
  3. Sensitivity - 105dB at 500hz
  4. Frequency Response - 20hz to 20khz
  5. Distortion - <2% 94dB
  6. Rated Power - 10mW
  7. Maximum Total Power - 50mW
  8. Plug - 3.5mm gold plated dual channel
  9. Cable - 1.3m TPU cable, 4x20 silver and copper mixed wires

ACCESSORIES AND BUILD QUALITY

Excellent accessories, basically you get 8 different size hybrid tips with different colours, as well as black single-flange and dual-flanges, 3 different sizes of foam hybrid, a shirt clip, and a string-tied top, suede pouch, similar to Sony's XBA-1, and Fischer Audio's pouch.

Build quality is also excellent, the plug is similar to that of GR07's, and the body is made from a sturdy aluminium with a hard rubber joint (similar to VC02), and it feels like it can be thrown around a bit without hurting too much. The body is super small and very comfortable to be worn at all time, similar size to Klipsch X10.

SOUND QUALITY

Bass - Fast, tight, punchy, with good extension, up to around sub-bass area before rolling off. Impact and slam is quite powerful for an armature-based IEM, the overall bass level is slightly less than Klipsch x10 (minus the mid-bass bloat) and UE700, bigger than TDK IE800, B2, R-50, and about the same level as XBA-2, though IMHO, the quality is much better than XBA-2

Mid - This is where the magic lies here, the mid is forward, smooth, and detailed, though the detail level is nowhere near IE800 and B2. Much better mid than that of UE700 and XBA-2. Tunes with vocals are extremely enjoyable with this

Treble - Slightly laid back, has some good energy and brightness to it. Sibilance are there, not as bad as B2, and fixable by using foam tips. People who are sensitive with sibilance would be annoyed I'd imagine, though personally I don't have any problem with it. Extension is excellent, and holds decay quite well, though not as well as B2 and R-50.

Soundstage - Wide, though not exactly 3D.

Microphonics - Pretty bad if worn cable down, much better if worn around the ear

The size of the nozzle is a bit strange, if you like your Comply tips, it is just marginally too big for 100's and too small for 200's, though as you can see above I managed to fit Comply 100 on it with the aid of a small screwdriver to stretch the stem first, Comply had 150 tips in the past but as far as I know they don't have it anymore, 150 tips would have fit perfectly.

CONCLUSION

I think, the best way to describe VC1000's signature is UE700 with forward mid, and slightly less bass. It's not an analytical dual-BA IEM like B2 or R-50, but it's all about fun with VC1000, and personally, I like it very much

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 20
nice!... helps me make my mind about the VC-1000 ... sticking to the R-50 then! :)

thanks

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #3 of 20
Thank you for the review! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #5 of 20
Thanks for the review mate and being the member to get a grasp on these for us all.

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:
Great review, sounds like a worthy competitor to the Yamaha EPH-100 with that type of sound signature.

ummm...not really...EPH-100 is more "V" and bass is better and bigger, and sparkier treble as far as I remember (I only had a short listening session to EPH-100 sometime ago)

May 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #12 of 20
Hey guys. Can you help me choose between the vc1000 and the r50? I looking to upgrade from my sunrise xcited (a soundsig with a slight u presentation, a compromise between balanced and neutral) I listen to almost every genre out there. Thanks in advance

May 7, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:
Forward mids sounds fun. How would these compare to GR07?

VC1000 is balanced fun with slightly forward mid, small and comfortable...

GR07 is neutral monitor, bass extends deeper and slightly bigger impact...

They are very different, get both if you can 
wink_face.gif
, that way you get the best of both worlds (armature and dynamic)...GR07 is more capable technically, but VC1000 is more fun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back