[REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99 – V for VALUE
Apr 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #121 of 137
Quote:
I'm thinking of getting the Vsonic GR01 as I'm starting to dislike the flat cabling of Sony's MH1C. The micro-phonics is really irritating me to the point where I can't really listen to the music while simply walking at a normal pace. 

The dynamic driver of the MH1C has a sound signature that is warm and sweet. When listening to music, it's non-fatiguing, relaxing, very enjoyable and pleasing to my ears. Hence, I'm looking for a similar sound signature. So far the GR01 ticks the right boxes as BA version.

So going to ask those who have both to provide feedback and comments comparing the two.

Steve

GR01 has a little warmth in its sound, but still far less compared to MH1C and tilting more toward being neutral and detail. Though I won't call GR01 bright and fatiguing, I don't think it is a totally relaxing sound either. TDK BA200 might fit that description better.

Quote:
Is Vsonic gr06 is good for metal/rock and some acoustic genre? Vocal, bass is presence, hear every details and separate instrument? Cause I look at lot of forum, people recommend this for my music.

It should work, but I will use the bi-flange instead of the single flange, GR06 is a good IEM for the price, but it is not the be-all-end-all so don't expect too much out of it.

Apr 21, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #123 of 137
Quote:
hi thanks for the reply and do you know if I should get gr04 or gr06 cause somone told me I should get gr04 for my music...

Both should work, but I will recommend GR06 over GR04 Classic. I never heard the GR04 Flagship so I don't know how it sounds.

May 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #125 of 137
Quote:
Have you heard the VC02? Supposed to be more balanced than the GR02, but I wonder if the difference is worth $12 and as big as the $9 leap from GR99 → GR02.

Yes, I have the VC02. It is indeed better balanced than any of the lower end GR series, as far as sound signature being the only concern - less warm and cleaner sound. However, it is still a pretty low end as far as SQ goes. I think it compare well with GR99 and GR02 (somewhere it between), but not as good when compared to higher end model.

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #126 of 137
Still loving my GR01. It sounds great with my new Samsung Galaxy S4. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #127 of 137
Hello,

i would like if its possible to tell what kind of gr02 are these (starndart or bass edition):

1 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-R02-Heavy-Bass-Version-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Earbuds-Silver-Cord-/251126340424?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item3a784bdb48

2 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-R02-Luxury-Edition-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Earbuds-Silver-Cord-/251126971646?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3a78557cfe

The first earphones do not show that they have 10 sets of earbuds but they are clearly  the heavy bass model.

I would really appreciate your help in choosing which ones to buy.

Thank you for your time and support.

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #128 of 137
Quote:
Hello,

i would like if its possible to tell what kind of gr02 are these (starndart or bass edition):

1 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-R02-Heavy-Bass-Version-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Earbuds-Silver-Cord-/251126340424?pt=AU_headphone&hash=item3a784bdb48

2 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR02-R02-Luxury-Edition-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Earbuds-Silver-Cord-/251126971646?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3a78557cfe

The first earphones do not show that they have 10 sets of earbuds but they are clearly  the heavy bass model.

I would really appreciate your help in choosing which ones to buy.

Thank you for your time and support.

They are offered by the same seller so I assume the one mentioned as 'heavy bass' is the bass edition while the other is the normal edition.

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #129 of 137
Thank you for a very well written review.  I'm new round these parts and I'm trying to do enough research so that I end up with some IEM's that work out well for me.  After reading this review I'm leaning heavily towards the GR02 bass editions.  I wanted to ask, since you are obviously a wealth of knowledge, is there any thing else in the 60ish or less price range that I should consider?  I will be listening to primarily hip hop off of my Ipod or cell phone and using them at the gym quite often.  My primary concerns are SQ, of course, and build quality and durability.  Thank your for your help...

Wes

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #130 of 137
Picked up a pair of GR02 BE while in Singapore. Not entirely sure what's accurate, but here is my initial opinion (based on my admittedly limited experience with ATH-M50s):
I find the mids recessed and the bass too prominent, though very clean and with good extension. Highs sound alright.
Soundstage is larger than expected, and instrument separation is decent.
I found the included tips to be somewhat superfluous, as I favor the included bi-flange tips. Construction is solid.

In all honesty, I think perhaps a V-shaped sound signature isn't my favorite, as I find the bass overpowers the mids too much for my preference. However, it's fun to listen to, and the prominence/tightness of the bass brings out an aspect of music that isn't usually paid that much attention.

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #131 of 137
Picked up a pair of GR02 BE while in Singapore. Not entirely sure what's accurate, but here is my initial opinion (based on my admittedly limited experience with ATH-M50s):
I find the mids recessed and the bass too prominent, though very clean and with good extension. Highs sound alright.
Soundstage is larger than expected, and instrument separation is decent.
I found the included tips to be somewhat superfluous, as I favor the included bi-flange tips. Construction is solid.

In all honesty, I think perhaps a V-shaped sound signature isn't my favorite, as I find the bass overpowers the mids too much for my preference. However, it's fun to listen to, and the prominence/tightness of the bass brings out an aspect of music that isn't usually paid that much attention.

Totally agree with you. I received the GR02 BE 2 days ago and have been listening to this IEM non stop. Though the bass is great and tight it might be a bit too present, and so undermine the mids and highs slightly. Also the GR02 BE sounds a bit dull. Some people call it warm, but I say it lacks clarity. I also have the Sony MDR ex57 which lacks bass and a wide soundstage, but it sounds tighter and clearer than the GR02.

Then again, it is only the question if the clarity could be any better if you seek bass.

The problem which I have and is probably personal is the use of the Bi Flange ear tips. When I put them in the seal is so tight, when I let go of the IEM after placing it inside my ear it pushes back sucking my ear canal vacuum or something. I feel my eardrums and so the pressure in my ear changing. When I then listen to music I hardly hear anything at all.

Afaik I use the appropriate method: moisten the flanges, pull back the ear shelf to straighten the ear canal, and insert the IEM.

Anyone else has this problem?

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #132 of 137
I lost the earbuds of my GR07. As I don't see replacements on ebay I was thinking of buying some GR04 or 06 or whatever so I could get a second earphone to take around and plenty of earbuds. Do you confirm that the earbuds are compatible? What model of earphones would you suggest? I listen to mostly vocals.

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #133 of 137
VSONIC eartips are almost identical to Sony Hybrid. You can either get the genuine Sony or similar looking clone, they should work out just fine.

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #135 of 137
@ClieOS Hi, could you kindly help do review between GR02 Bass Edition with VSD3 and VSD3S?

Currently I have GR02 Bass Edition and would like to do upgrade. I prefer VSD3S because of the red-blue pair color is so tempting and i love it.
While for the sound according to LMUE, VSD3 has more bass than VSD3S but it has only black color for the moment.

Thank you for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back