1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Review: Violectric V800 DAC

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by project86, Oct 3, 2011.
First

Back
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last
  1. Fegefeuer
    +1 for the Schiit EITR.

maximus69 likes this.
  2. maximus69
    DU-U8 Or Eitr for ios/tidal source? Can i use DU-U8 to send usb signal to multiple dacs..say one by coax, one by optical?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  3. Fegefeuer
    yes, you can send AES/EBU to the V800, coax to another and optical to the third. It's a great device.

maximus69 likes this.
  4. maximus69
    Cool! Huge adv over the eitr! Can you rec any short aes/ebu cables? Is it just a male to female xlr cable? I haven’t ventured into those yet :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  5. Fegefeuer
    No, AES/EBU cables have an impedance of 110 Ohms. You can't use any XLR cable. What region are you from? EU? Then Forza or CustomCans maybe or Toxic. Plenty to choose from. Or just go Thomann and buy a pro audio cable. They are good enough.

maximus69 likes this.
  6. maximus69
    I am in the States

7. Fegefeuer
    Blue Jeans Cable AES/EBU Balanced Audio Cable

8. Suopermanni
    Hello Head-Fiers,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Australian distributor of Violectric or Lake People has changed?

9. Audiofiend1
    How does the V800 stack up to say a Schiit Gungnir Multibit?

10. maximus69
    Different animals.. DS vs R2R... both good dacs I hear, I have interest in both!

11. Captain Koons
    Is the V800 still a good purchase in 2018? I'm looking for a desktop DAC under £1K and wondeing if there are better alternatives today?

12. mcgo
    I researched this recently so you’re in luck! V800 is older technology - better, more modern pick is Lake People RS06, the cost reduced V850.

Captain Koons likes this.
  13. Fegefeuer
    Can confirm. RS06 is an outstanding DAC with great extension and definition. No glare, clean, hard hitting bass and overall clarity. Doesn't suffer from digititus which imho is the first "feature" that kills a DAC for me.

Can't say anything about the V850 though in comparison.

Captain Koons likes this.
  14. Captain Koons
    Damn that thing's ugly! :-/

I'm reading good things about the Qutest and while I don't really like it's form factor I'd be willing to consider it, if it sounds better than the V800?

15. Captain Koons
    I don't think the RS06 comes with USB as standard, seems even 24/96 is an extra €149. Making it only slightly less than a clearence V800 with 24/192 xmos usb (€950 on eBay)

Is the RS06 sound noticeably improved over the V800?

First

Back
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last