1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Review: Violectric V800 DAC

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by project86, Oct 3, 2011.
First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54
Next

Last
  1. Saillaw

Ok I've contacted the USA site regarding the XMOS "upgrade".

In the meantime, could you please explain what the difference is between the V1 and the V2 with Tenor?  

Thanks

2. ArthurPower
    The V1 used a Tenor USB interface capable of up to 24/96. The V2 used a Tenor USB interface capable of up to 24/192 and also added asynchronous USB support.

3. Saillaw
    Are those good/bad/awesome?

4. project86 Contributor

Well, compare them to the Chord Hugo or even the Hugo TT and see for yourself. Google translate will help. Exceptional measurements overall, though I don't think measurements alone capture the whole story. But yes, these are quite good indeed. 

5. Saillaw
    Sorry its beyond my technical knowledge.  I have no idea how to interpret the ~60 charts between all those links, much less compare them to other DAC's where I'm not even sure how to find the same data.  

I appreciate seeing the links, but would have enjoyed it more if there had been some interpretation to accompany them (and as you said comparisons).

6. Saillaw
    Since I updated my v2 to xmos, I now have the card that apparently would allow someone who has a v1 to upgrade to v2. I'll sell it cheap if anyone is interested PM me.

7. Fegefeuer
    Some vendors are clearing their total stock. Right now it's 700€ at ebay.

Don't know if the V800 has to make room for something else, it's still listed at their homepage. Quite a good price though.
    NO USB input (for that ebay deal) but that's no bummer. Using a DU-U8 -> Coax -> with my Modi Multibit and it's much better than USB only.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  8. Saillaw
    Not sure what you mean? Mine has USB input, just like the photo from the website:

upload_2017-8-22_17-9-41.png

9. Fegefeuer
    I meant the ebay listing

10. zhgutov
    V800 w/o USB @ synthax.de is 899 EUR with VAT (19%).
    It is ~730 EUR without VAT, I suppose. So, this is the regular price.

11. Fegefeuer
  12. ArthurPower
    Violectric does not usually sell anything on eBay however there are still some V800 left in the warehouse and they must go!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  13. maximus69
    Question....Could I use a schiit eitr to bypass
    the tenor usb so i could play tidal though ios?... usb to to eitr then coax to dac...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  14. project86 Contributor
    Sounds like a good plan to me. V800 is still a really solid DAC, but the USB portion is dated. Coax still does an excellent job though.

maximus69 likes this.
First

Back
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
53 54
Next

Last