Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp
Feb 23, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #2,821 of 3,058
Hmm. Haven't tried the He500 with the V200 but have given it some serious thought as I think the LCD-2 is a bit veiled on the V200.
The setting I proposed a few posts earlier are the settings I thought gave the LCD-2 the most clarity.

I'm thinking about trying out a silver cable for the LCD-2 to get the sound a bit closer to what I want.

Otherwise I don't know. Maybe I just have to realize that the V200 just isn't for me.
Or maybe it's the LCD-2 that isn't for me. It's just that I remember the LCD-2 sounding excellent with the Auralic Taurus.

Ahhh decisions, decisions.. :)

Yep, i also decidet to try "transparent" aftermarket cable.

First time i noticed that amp sounds much clearer, when turned from +6db gain to default position. But now turning between any of gain jumpers does not help anymore.

Mar 15, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #2,824 of 3,058
Hi guys

I was wondering if there is a set of recommended settings for the V200 + HD800 combo. I'm using the Violectric USB 24/96 DAC module FWIW. The back jumpers on the V200 are currently at the -6db position - and my listening volume is mostly at the 11-13 o'clock range, depending on the input signal. I think it sounds stunningly effortless - just wondering if there are any tricks I'm missing. Thanks!

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #2,825 of 3,058
  Hi guys

I was wondering if there is a set of recommended settings for the V200 + HD800 combo. I'm using the Violectric USB 24/96 DAC module FWIW. The back jumpers on the V200 are currently at the -6db position - and my listening volume is mostly at the 11-13 o'clock range, depending on the input signal. I think it sounds stunningly effortless - just wondering if there are any tricks I'm missing. Thanks!

I don't think the jumping settings will change much except volume knob settings

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #2,827 of 3,058
  Waiting for a parcel with my V200.

One question: why V200 has balanced inputs while it does not have balanced headphone output?

Congratulation on your purchase!

Balanced inputs and balanced headphone outputs are two quite separate things, the inputs help you bridge a longer distance without picking up as much noise as an unbalanced connection might get, the balanced out primarily helps by providing more power to insensitive headphones. And the V200 is already very powerful, so there's little to gain I think.
There is a version with a balanced out, the V281, which is much larger and quite a bit more expensive due to it containing much more hardware that you won't need in most cases.
Many believe that there's an inherent value in balanced out, but for the more common amp topologies (which amount to 4 amps for balanced) I don't see those advantages beyond more power.

Mar 25, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #2,829 of 3,058
Good morning.

I would like to buy V200 with USB input, but as a digital source I would use the Sony walkman ZX2.
It has a VM port, but with an adapter it's possible to have a USB type B output (digital signal).

I don't know if it works with Violectric USB module.
Anybody have tested this combo ?
Thanks

Mar 25, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #2,830 of 3,058
It should work fine. I have not had the opportunity to try the Sony walkman ZX2 however, every Android device that I have tried so far has worked. I currently have a V200 with the USB DAC option plugged into my Google/LG Nexus 5 (2 year old phone) using an adapter and it works perfectly.

Mar 26, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #2,831 of 3,058
Thank for the answer. It' s a good thing.
The bad one is that here in Italy (Milano) I have no found any hifi shop which has any Violectric to test my possible combo. But I could try to buy an Lg Nexus 5 used or a similar model to be pretty sure it works...
We' ll see...

Mar 26, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #2,833 of 3,058
too bright and overly "exciting"

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #2,835 of 3,058
Just purchased a V200 from a fellow board member. Excited to try it out with my HD600 soon!

I also bought the add-on DAC board. Hopefully that DAC is sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back