REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Sep 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #856 of 1,290
Ok i guess its just a wait and see game, hopefully i can get them back in a little over a month so i can bring them with me to CanJam. 

Sep 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #857 of 1,290
Quote:
Ok i guess its just a wait and see game, hopefully i can get them back in a little over a month so i can bring them with me to CanJam. 

Took you awhile get those off to UM.  I mainly used them straight out of the iPhone to keep it minimal.  Still sounds excellent.  Hope it comes back to a perfect fit.  

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #858 of 1,290
Oh i know, a big whole ordeal at the audiologist with how i was getting my impressions back to me left them sitting on his desk for a month 
frown.gif
.  Hopefully it comes back fitting well because i think another ship to china would kill me haha

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #860 of 1,290
Quote:
Hello project86,

I know this thread is kind of outdated, but with a Sansa Clip+ and a Fiio E11 amp, how well do the UM Merlins perform?

Thanks!

I was actually wondering something similar, but didn't want to bump the thread (thanks RobotsEatCookie :) ). Considering the Merlins are very low impedance units, how will they perform with an amp with a specified output of 16-300 OHM (Fiio E17 in my case)? Will there be alot of/noticeable hiss?

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #861 of 1,290
Hello project86,

I know this thread is kind of outdated, but with a Sansa Clip+ and a Fiio E11 amp, how well do the UM Merlins perform?

Thanks!

you don't really need an amp for them.

clip+ alone is fine.

Didn't try a fiio amp, but it sounded fine on Cowon d2, although I did give it a bass boost to compensate for the high output impedance there.

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #869 of 1,290
So my Merlins came into day and they sound fantastic, only thing is the fit isnt...It's literally horrid. I dont know what went wrong but unless im in the exact position i had my impressions taken, (mouth and body) im very discomforted by my ciem. Iv contacted UM about it no response yet but then again its only been an hour. Just really wish i didnt have to send them off for another reshell, which will take at least another month.... 

Also UM's CIEM HD Pictures are VERY VERY accurate. Id highly recommend using very high quality images for yours if you choose to go that route. i didnt use the best just the quickest and they turned out slightly blotchy. I posted the best pictures i could get to try to show this, but for the most part they turned out pretty good. 

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #870 of 1,290
Received my Unique Melody Merlin 7 days ago, and they already showed some problems. The Recessed Socket Type had its metal pins deeper inside and the monitor  right side stoped working. The other problem is that the cable don't stay secure with the IEM, so I can not hold them on my chest. Took some pictures to show the problem. I'm from Brazil and the UM representant already asked me to send it back to him. But I'm very sad about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
confused_face.gif

Rodrigo Pita

Users who are viewing this thread

Back