REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM
Mar 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #406 of 1,290
@Sorensiim. Wow those are some great pictures! I need to get myself one of those macro lenses. Thanks for your impressions and I'm glad you're loving the sound.

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #407 of 1,290
I honestly don't see what's wrong with my statements when it's true. 
The artwork can be made again with more care, and personally I won't be happy with the quality either. 
However, more understanding will always help when people are working together to solve an issue. 
Of course, I can understand that more of the anger come of the ignorance from the specific distributor that this beloved customer dealt with. 

I do like to strike for perfection, for I hope UM lab can do that as well, and they do disappoint me from time to time. 
They are going to get a better laser machine soon to get more precise laser artworks. 

There's nothing wrong to admit mistakes, and I hope distributors can be more responsible for their customers to work with them to give them the best results. 

Quote:

Just flicked you an email Soren, please disregard any foundationless justifications comparisons above.  They do not represent our company beliefs.

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #408 of 1,290
I honestly don't see what's wrong with my statements when it's true. 
The artwork can be made again with more care, and personally I won't be happy with the quality either. 
However, more understanding will always help when people are working together to solve an issue. 
Of course, I can understand that more of the anger come of the ignorance from the specific distributor that this beloved customer dealt with. 

I do like to strike for perfection, for I hope UM lab can do that as well, and they do disappoint me from time to time. 
They are going to get a better laser machine soon to get more precise laser artworks. 

There's nothing wrong to admit mistakes, and I hope distributors can be more responsible for their customers to work with them to give them the best results. 

would you like a spade for that hole?!

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #410 of 1,290
No awkwardness necessary - both Stephen and Matt are, each in their own way, trying to support both UM and their customers. The way I see it, it's not about the words that were typed, but rather it's the intentions behind them that count. Sometimes, when the stakes are high, emotions can get frayed and interpretations can differ from original intended meanings, but I have absolutely no doubt that both Stephen and Matt had the best of intentions in each typing what they did. I know, as a UM customer myself (and a potential UM customer, prior to my purchase) that both Stephen and Matt have each helped me along the way, and both were very professional and helpful at those times, so thankyou both 
beerchug.gif

Mar 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #411 of 1,290
Getting a little irritated - it's been a month and a half (shipped out 1/17) since I shipped my Merlins back for a refit and they're still not done, also haven't heard back from UM Australia for a week. It's taking longer to get them refit than the initial build! As for the initial build - besides the improper fit, the faceplates of my earpieces weren't colored correctly either. Not a pleasant experience so far for a >$800 investment.

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #412 of 1,290

Quote:
Getting a little irritated - it's been a month and a half (shipped out 1/17) since I shipped my Merlins back for a refit and they're still not done, also haven't heard back from UM Australia for a week. It's taking longer to get them refit than the initial build! As for the initial build - besides the improper fit, the faceplates of my earpieces weren't colored correctly either. Not a pleasant experience so far for a >$800 investment.

They probably didn't get your Merlin until a week after depending on your shipping method. And if I'm not mistaken, that was also during the Chinese New Year holidays which means they also got a bunch of orders during that week off and everything was pushed back. There's no excuse for the no response though and they should never have messed up the faceplate color.  I hope you get them back soon.

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:13 AM Post #414 of 1,290
While waiting patiently (lol, who am I kidding?) for my Ibasso DX100, this little pocket-friendly bundle is bringing me tons of musical enjoyment 
etysmile.gif

Mar 12, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #418 of 1,290

Quote:
Finally my search has concluded. After months of research I have sett my foot (and wallet) down on the Merlins. Can't wait especially as this will be my first set of customs

Congrats, what design did you get?

All I can say is that I'm jealous of all you Merlin owners. I'm hopeful that one day I too will be able to hear the Merlins.

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #419 of 1,290
I decided to go with a standard design of the Unique Melody Logo. Tbh, I'm quite fond of the logo. I decided to go green for the plates and shell (I asked for clear tips but haven't gotten confirmation about whether or not this is doable but I'm happy with full green too). 

Edit: I did manage to find a custom artwork but I will have to ask Stephen if it's ok to change my order. I have yet to send in my ear impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back