1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM

First

Back
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Next

Last
  1. ChrisSC
    Quote:
    O/T, but can you tell me where you heard of this? Thanks

2. shotgunshane Contributor
    http://www.custom-iem.com/um-triple-dynamic-ciem-coming-soon-p-671.html

ChrisSC likes this.
  3. shotgunshane Contributor
    Duplicate

4. cravenz

I'm not big on having to use an amp/dac combo either. I find it rather annoying and bulky, and the difference in quality doesn't warrant it. Not to mention the issue of having to lug it around seeing as I'm using my mobile phone. Had the iBasso D10 and quickly found how little I used it.

I'll wait to see if any news comes out on the new UM phones. As it stands though, will I be alright with the Merlin given I eq the bass on my IE8s down and treble up? The one thing I worry about is its ability with acoustic or live music.

5. god1des9
    Quote:
    Thanks Poetik!

6. Poetik
    Quote:

I like the Merlin better than the Miracle for live music.  I don't think you'll have a problem with that.

7. cravenz

Thanks mate. I reserve all my rights to sue you if I don't like em though. I

Just kidding :)

8. Marburger
    I suppose, it will be fun sounding ciem, not like miracle like precise. Biggest problem of multiple drivers is coherence of music. Even my miracles do not sound homogeneous as i would want it. Instruments come from from "here" and "there", but do not build coherent picture of music. Do not get me wrong, it is far from being "mess", but i notice it in complex music. But amount of information from every music is very impressive, which single drivers can not "pick up".   
    Quote:

9. MuZo2
    Seems the new one is on lines of JVC HA-FXZ200 and HA-FXZ100: triple dynamics!

10. steffanan
    I just love the color project86 got, I ordered almost exacty the same thing, only the tip of the right earpiece will be red.

11. Xinze
    How can I get in on these group buys?

Also, does a group buy have to be for the same item?

12. soufis
    hello everyone....
    I am a vocalist and percussionist..i own the IE8 for live gigs use....I have heard also my friend's SE535...I found my IE8 lower in volume,but much better in the low end,,,but the bass seems a little moody...not so much detail in the middle and high frequencies..but thankfully they are not so harsh as the 535.The 535 were louder,and  have nice detail,but not so much bass.-not mojo here...
    So do you think Merlin is my next IEM?I really love bass,accurate and huge base if possible,and i don't want to loose all the middle and high frequencies of vocals,acoustic guitars....
    Maybe i want something impossible,but do you think that Merlin could satisfy me?Are they loud enough as well?I saw somewhere in the forum, that they are even lower in volume than IE8,and that they are hard to drive .This disappointed me....
    Thank you...

13. Xinze
    Get an amp for your IE8 then.

No such thing as "accurate and huge bass".

14. Bazirker
    Would you guys who have the Merlin describe it as being energetic and fun? I'm really liking what I'm hearing about the overall sound of these phones but am wondering if the presentation has enough punch for me (the alternative being something like the JH16, which I worry will sound less natural by comparison.)

15. Poetik
    Quote:

What are you looking for as far as "punch"?

First

Back
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Next

Last