1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM

First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Next

Last
  1. ChrisSC
    Oh, and sorry to hear that you've gotta send your merlins back for refits- dealing with UM seems to be quite a pain.

2. AnakChan Moderator
    Quote:

Not much luck you're having are you? Really sorry to hear that. Your Merlins are beginning to sound like my SE530x8 (gone back 4 times in the course of 9 months - hoping they'll ship it back this or next week).

3. PsychoBananas
    This will be the 4th time for me too -.- pretty ridiculous.

4. ru9
    Quote:

May I know if by looking  at the supplied FR graph, can channel imbalance be detected? 

Please suggest some tracks for testing channel imbalance.

Thank you.

5. Sorensiim
    Quote:
    All the music where I knew the vocals to be centered suddenly had the vocals a bit off to the left. A/B'ing with other headphones determined that I needed to boost the right side by 6-8 percent to get the balance right on the Merlins. 

6. piotrus-g
    Hey, guys my Merlins are up on UM's facebook :wink: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unique-Melody/145824605434429

7. PsiCore
    @piotrus-q - your customs look amazing! Thinking about stealing your color concept if I ever buy a second set of customs (MG6pros?) :D

8. piotrus-g
    Quote:
    Thx! Feel free buddy :wink:

9. pdiddypdler
  10. phntmsmshr
    Quote:
    Not really, there is the inevitability that dust can accumulate on the lip of the vent, but the cleaning tool that UM sends with the Merlin has bristles to ensure easy removal. That said, I never wear them if it looks rainy outside, I always go with a closed IEM.

11. piotrus-g
    Quote:
    same here.

12. project86 Contributor
    I'm approaching the 1 year mark for having the Merlin and have no reliability issues to speak of. So the vent is not really an factor for me.

Like the above posters, I won't wear them out in the rain. Just in case. 

13. svyr

or in a dusty, sandy/windy etc place.

14. wahu
    Quote:
    Nobody has enlightened me yet on why it seems like my driver is sealed whereas the merlins in all the reviews seem different.  I reckon i could fill my merlin with sand and have no ill effects.

Any news from UM about your customs?

15. svyr

Ask UM. The demo I used had vents at the back. http://www.head-fi.org/gallery/album/view/id/581800/user_id/125162

First

Back
36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Next

Last