REVIEW: UE11 vs ACS T1, In Recovery.
Jan 28, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 16
Excellent, if completely unique. Thank you for the info. My mates were all DJ's till they moved apart and I was at club with them, monitoring their mixes on satellite recorders for sales or archival. Maybe I was lucky, but I only got second hand stuff.

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 16
Thanks for the moving review, mark_h.

And welcome back to head-fi!
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 16
What a remarkable story. You seem like a truly great guy, and I appreciate you bearing all. Your view on the material world and overall may be the silver lining in all the misery.

Congratulations on beating it. I will never again see the non resale issues of custom IEMs as a negative
smile_phones.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #5 of 16
A one of a kind review I must say haha.
Congrats on beating your addiction !
It must have been tough, welcome back !
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the great review
smily_headphones1.gif

Been eye-ing the T1 or T2 soon haha

Jan 28, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #9 of 16
Aren't we all addicts? Perhaps some of us have more socially acceptable addictions- but there is certainly something in here for everyone.

Thanks for the honesty.

Jan 28, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #10 of 16
Wow. It was a privilege to read that mate. I sincerely hope you're in the state of health you deserve now, and welcome back to head-fi.

The only practical point I'll add is that ACS has a new and improved flagship model on the way in the coming months, so if you do invest again, it's maybe worth considering.

Thanks for a compelling read and if you fancy a blether feel free to pm dude. All the very best.

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #11 of 16
Nice review. Although I won say T1 is the more neutral. Rather I will say T1 is very natural. I'm listening to my T1 as I'm typing this mail. I really wonder what can the new ACS model bring to the table since I like T1 so much and not even any other custom catch my attention (I have tried almost all top line custom iem. Not they are not good. But T1 had a total different sound sig from them.)

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by theory_87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really wonder what can the new ACS model bring to the table since I like T1 so much and not even any other custom catch my attention (I have tried almost all top line custom iem. Not they are not good. But T1 had a total different sound sig from them.)

Same here, if the T1 is as good as what you have been hearing, wow, if they can "upgrade" it.
Hopefully, not "changing" it.

biggrin.gif
Gaming addict in the past, audio had saved me.
*Though audio/hi fi itself is an addictive hobby, its much more "beneficial" in another sense haha*

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #14 of 16
Blimey! Sounds like you have been to hell and back! Congatulations on making it through. I hope the rest of your life is a success and that you never go back.
Respect for the honest post.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #15 of 16
A good review from my "new to the game" unsophisticated approach to listening, and an excellent "bearing of the soul" with regards to your addiction and rehabilitation.

I intend to share your words with others - they are incredibly powerful in their honesty.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back