[REVIEW]: The Silver Poison: Pure, Cyro-Treated, Silver Cable For In-Ear Monitors From Toxic Cables
Jul 3, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #16 of 57
My own DIY one needs quite some burn in to reach its full potential, keep using it!

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #17 of 57
I realize I asked you this before. But considering you've now had a chance to fully audition the cable, do you believe that the percentage of gold content adds any differentiation to the sound then what would be expected from a pure silver cable. Chances are it isn't the reason for the additional detail considering gold has a higher resistivity value in addition to other properties but seems to be quite similar to copper in its characteristics with a slightly higher resistivity value (Ag < Cu < Au). Does the gold add any analogue-like properties that copper is known for etc?

Jul 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #18 of 57
The gold likely improved the bass. The difference between this cable and other silver cables is that this one has very fast, detailed, textured, though slightly aggressive bass. The bass will always be there in the music, unlike other silver cables which often have sloppy or little bass. There is good depth but I heard better. The resolution of this cable is uncomparable to any other cable I've heard.

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #23 of 57
Great review as always Kunlun, how does this cable compare with the silver Fortis in bass?
 I see you mentioned Silver Poison is better in Detail and even smoothness.
I have just received my  Silver Fortis, and another upgraded cable also silver, from the same maker, which I  find is a little more detailed and seems to deal with the bottom end better for my Miracle.
I have found the original Silver Fortis to be a good  match with my Merlin.

Jul 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #24 of 57
I sure would like to try the Silver Poison one day myself and hear how it compares......Yes Frank is sure making some top quality cables.....
He has quite a range it seems , kinda makes you want to get all of them really.........
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #27 of 57
Quote:
The clear connector overmolds are in!

I've updated the review with a picture of them and I'll post a few extra pictures here:

Looks very nice, I'd say.

Thats beautiful! Still need to wait 2 weeks for mine though
biggrin.gif
I can hardly wait. =P

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #29 of 57
Quote:
Cables are now here and will start shipping this week, i hope to have all  60 or so pre orders shipped within the next 2 weeks.

Very good news. When people get their Silver Poison cables, they can post their impressions in this thread.

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #30 of 57
Those clear overmoulds really look fantastic Frank. I especialy like the trans blue SPC peering through it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back