1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

REVIEW: The Sennheiser HD 215 (the HD 205's bigger brother)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by warrenpchi, Aug 14, 2012.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13
Next

Last
  1. warrenpchi Administrator
    I really wish I could be of more help here.  But since I've never owned the HD419, XB400, or MA100, I'm afraid I can't say anything definitive about them.  FWIW, both the HD 419 and the XB400 are known to be bassy headphones, so I would avoid them if you don't want overpowering bass.

As for the HD 215, it tends to sound bass light for most people.  I personally appreciate it's fast, accurate and detailed bass presentation, but I'm funny that way.  If you do decide to get the HD 215, I would heavily suggest that you get an amp that is known for enhancing bass output, like a Digizoid ZO2 or a JDS Labs CMoy with a bass boost built-in.

Sorry I wasn't more helpful mate, cheers!  [​IMG]

2. akash neagi
    hey dont worry man......
    I actually found your review to be very helpful as there are not many out there.....
    I got the same idea from reading all the other reviews and you just confirmed my thoughts.....
    I thimk i'm gonna get the hd215..... 
    Quote:

3. warrenpchi Administrator
    Well, then I'm glad I could help!  [​IMG]

I'd be interested in hearing your impressions on it after you're all settled in with it.  [​IMG]

4. akash neagi
    Dont worry I'm thinking I might make a full review.....

5. ravishkalra
    Quote:
    well personal xp NO SONY IF U DONT WANT BASS TO OVER POWER on the other hand never needed any amps for my sennies :) that depends on consoles though. if u usin it on a 15k laptop like me u might need an amp or using it on a 30k phone u might not need it... :) sorry for the late reply busy with exams :D

6. warrenpchi Administrator
    Quote:

Hey, EVEN BETTER!  Be sure to come back here and post a link to it, if you want to that is.

Quote:

[​IMG]  WUT?  Are they made of diamonds or something?

7. akash neagi
    Quote:
    I am using a galaxy s3,
    don't know if its 30k or not......
    I use a custom desktop with a creative sound blaster x-fi 5.1 sound card and a creative sound blaster digital music sx.......
    My laptop is a 3 year old VAIO but good sound quality......
    oh and I also have a kenwood multi-channel amp which I also use as a headphone amp...........

Quote:
    I think he isn't using dollars........

8. ravishkalra
    Quote:
    sorry warrenpchi my bad i was just lost in d moment used INR instead of USD :D Honest Mistake :D

9. ravishkalra
    more than sufficient ur creative card is more than sufficient to get sennies up on d top :) im also using s3 it gives the PROPPPERRR CRAZZYYYYY FEEELLLL aswelll and if u want a low budget one go with philips shp2700 much cheaper but with nice heavy wires and GUD sound still better than sony any day :)

10. warrenpchi Administrator
    Quote:

LOL!  [​IMG]  Sorry guys, that was my American-centric thinking at work.  I should have realized it earlier, my bad.  [​IMG]

11. akash neagi
    I did some digging around didn't find a S3 made of gold but did find a 24ct gold bumper for just $100,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24K-GOLD-Plated-duralumin-Bumper-Case-Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-S3-GT-i9300-/221102049262

and the most expensive "moded" phone I could find was an iPad with  Swarovsky elements for $2900,

http://www.crystalrocked.com/store/index.php/shop/mobiles-tablets-1/newipad-full-1.html

12. warrenpchi Administrator
    That's just... excess IMO.  [​IMG]

13. akash neagi
    Hey guys anyone of you compared the hd215 with the hd280????
    I see that i can also get the hd280 in the store......

14. warrenpchi Administrator
  15. akash neagi
    I know that you are gonna start to get annoyed now but,
    I was also looking into HD439 and HD449.....
    when I said i don't want bass I meant not too much bass......
    the store said they may have a pair of HD439 they aren't sure......

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13
Next

Last