1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

REVIEW: The Sennheiser HD 215 (the HD 205's bigger brother)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by warrenpchi, Aug 14, 2012.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. streetdragon
    Quote:
    the 205 and 215 have really hard earpads and are quite uncomfortable imo. their sound is quite sibilant and dry too

2. eskimoo
    Quote:

non dry, non analytic
    had K518 now, not quite fond of HD25 (tried already)

typical el cheapo sennheiser pad. but can live with that.

3. harryrupam
    I was just curious How HD 215-II will work on Portable Devices?? Like Phones/Tablets...?? Since they have the equal impedance of HD 4xx series..(32 Ohms)...Will portable devices be able to feed them enough power ??

4. warrenpchi Administrator
    Quote:

+1 on the sibilance in the HD 215.  Really wish they would address that issue as I love the speed and precision otherwise.

Quote:

Oops, sorry I missed this post for some reason.  [​IMG]  Yeah, it sounds like you are definitely an AKG type of guy.  Have you heard any of the new Tiesto models?  I haven't had a chance to audition them yet, but I have in good authority from a source who's ears I trust, that the K167 kicks some serious butt.

Quote:

Hey harryrupam, yup.  An unamped source will feed it just fine, you certainly won't have any problems with levels.  We were just talking about amping them earlier for changes in tonal quality.

5. ravishkalra
    Quote:
    nope no amp but im satisfied its same as previous shp2700s but a bit un comfortable but the sound is pritty good on any other consoles other than my laptop 

6. warrenpchi Administrator
    Quote:

So - for some reason or other - it does NOT sound good on your laptop?

BTW, if those pads are uncomfortable, maybe come Beyerdynamic velour pads would help?  Not sure if they fit or not, but based on my memory I think there's a good chance they will.

ravishkalra likes this.
  7. exxecutor
    hi. Does the coiled cable supplied with hd215 compatible with hd558?

8. warrenpchi Administrator
    Please allow me the privilege of being the very first one to say that I have absolutely no idea.  [​IMG]  Sorry.

9. ravishkalra
    i guess if it is 3.5mm jack on both the ends it would work :)

10. ravishkalra
    Quote:

i guess if it is 3.5mm jack on both the ends it would work just fine :) and if u are short on buddget u can use any of the easyly available 3.5-3.5 jack but the sound quality will lil reduced <not recognisable easyly> :)

11. streetdragon
    Quote:
    no it does not work, the HD558 cable entry is much too slender, you probably could use the HD558 cable on the HD215, since the HD558 cable is so extremely thin. (i have fitted the HD558 cable into a SRH940 before, but its sound quality was affected in a negative way)

12. dragonguy23
    How does this fair with the HD 449?

13. warrenpchi Administrator
    Quote:

Darn, I don't have a HD 449... [​IMG]

14. ravishkalra
    a friend of mine owns em and not that good as hd 215s <verrryyyy crazzzyy>

15. akash neagi
    Hi,
    I was thinking about getting one of these.....
    my only other options are HD419, XB400 and MA100.....
    what would say I should get?
    I listen to a wide variety of songs.....
    currently unamped but will get an amp soon so keep that in mind.....
    I like my bass but I don't want the bass to be overpowering the song.....
    Thanks!

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13
Next

Last