[REVIEW] The ACS T1 - a tear jerker (but in a good way)
May 30, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #211 of 235
Congrats with your T1s, you'll see that this feeling of comfort never vanishes with time. For everything else, you still have a lot of enjoyment in front of you. I almost envy you :) ! Care to send us some pictures ?

Mine are the standard clear moulds with white cable. They sit exactly the same as in Gorman's ears but are far less noticeable. Might try uploading a picture when I've has a hair cut :)

May 30, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #212 of 235
None replaceable cables? That's put me right off them.

May 30, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #213 of 235
@Markbooth : sure, doesn't have to be tomorrow :wink:

@Natashaful : You might want to wait a bit more before taking your decision if you're set on customs. The revised T1s is coming with more than just the replaceable cable I'm told.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #214 of 235
Saw the prototype of the detatchable cable yesterday morning. Looks cool!

Nobody's gonna be able to ignore ACS in a few months' time. :)

Nicest company I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with, bar none.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #215 of 235
And Frenchbat's right. The innovations keep on comin. They'll feature technology that corrects the slightly discombobulating experience of hearing your own voice muffled (as with microphone included, it helps with 2-way communication).

Great to see them storming on.

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #216 of 235
Wow... if they manage to have a version with iPhone connection, microphone and controls... I could love them forever.

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #217 of 235
I'm loving mine after 2 weeks
smile.gif
- after slight tweaking of the mouldings they are giving me masses of big detailed smooth sound - I would have to describe the smoothness as almost soothing, but never at the expense of excitement and detail. Really amazing improvement over my beloved ETY 4P's. I decided I couldn't wait for the new version ( I wanted them in time for my holiday as well) and after a long chat with Mat at ACS I decided that detatchable cables and the other improvements weren't things that I really cared about. Also he couldn't be certain at that time when the new ones would land.

Jul 15, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #218 of 235

Quote:
I'm loving mine after 2 weeks
smile.gif
- after slight tweaking of the mouldings they are giving me masses of big detailed smooth sound - I would have to describe the smoothness as almost soothing, but never at the expense of excitement and detail. Really amazing improvement over my beloved ETY 4P's. I decided I couldn't wait for the new version ( I wanted them in time for my holiday as well) and after a long chat with Mat at ACS I decided that detatchable cables and the other improvements weren't things that I really cared about. Also he couldn't be certain at that time when the new ones would land.

There's always something new just around the corner, but that isn't going to lower the quality of your T1 in any way! I'd be very happy with the T1's right now, the only reason I haven't dived in and purchased them yet is because i'm going on holiday at the end of the month - so it'll be the end of august or september before I have the spare capital. Detatchable cables isn't an advantage to me (although I can see why it would be for some), but seeing as I have to wait a couple of months anyway - I'll certainly be investigating what their new IEM's have in store. ACS told me the other week that they are releasing the launch date of their new 'Live Series' in August - i'm excited, in a really nerdy way 
smile.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #223 of 235
Well, ACS are currently under the radar and only visible to audiophiles, sound engineers and people who need hearing protection. What I'm saying is that your average gadget geek in the street will probably know (in some guise) who and what ACS are in a year or so's time.

Jul 18, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #225 of 235

Quote:
And Frenchbat's right. The innovations keep on comin. They'll feature technology that corrects the slightly discombobulating experience of hearing your own voice muffled (as with microphone included, it helps with 2-way communication).

Great to see them storming on.

This will need a body pack I gather, so strictly a feature for the pros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back