REVIEW SUMMARY: A ranking of 32 tube and tube/hybrid headphone amps
Jan 18, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #16 of 484
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! I actually really wish I had ever heard any of the Little Dot amps, but I have not. Their absence from this list is a problem for sure, but I don't want to buy one just to review it, so I'm not sure that there will be a cure.

Very nice reviews. So the WA3+ is the least preferred; not surprising considering its price. And superb effort on compiling and linking to so many reviews. I read them all!

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #17 of 484
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice reviews. So the WA3+ is the least preferred; not surprising considering its price. And superb effort on compiling and linking to so many reviews. I read them all!

Actually it was not the least preferred. But in any case you have understood correctly that in this case I like and can recommend, given the right headphones and budget, all of these amps.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #18 of 484
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually it was not the least preferred. But in any case you have understood correctly that in this case I like and can recommend, given the right headphones and budget, all of these amps.

Thanks for the prompt reply here. I guess I should have taken the review more in context and not hung on to every word of the actual physical review.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #19 of 484
Nice summary!
..and a great batch of reviews behind it.
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #20 of 484
Great reviews and thank you for the summary.
Keep up the good "work"
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #21 of 484
Sigh;

My tube amp is only 16th on Sky's list...but wait. I use 2 of them..perhaps I'm really 32nd.

Just kidding. Many thanks for your work Sir. Like most others I don't get to listen to many amps. I read reviews. I listen to what I can, and I thank you and the other reviewers who provide a consistent "view" of the sound of things we don't get to hear.

Bazile

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #23 of 484
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? No Little Dots at all?!

Please read post #4
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #24 of 484
Nice work. Thanks for assembling this list. Without your, and other people's considerable efforts, many of us would be considerably more lost here.

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #25 of 484
You should add price tags after the names, put things in perspective. I'm surprised to see the darkvoice 337 so high, never knew it was any good
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: thanks for the price tags
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #26 of 484
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should add price tags after the names, put things in perspective. I'm surprised to see the darkvoice 337 so high, never knew it was any good
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: thanks for the price tags
biggrin.gif

Done, to the best of my ability.

Jan 19, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #27 of 484
Thanks for the hard work, Skylab.

Someday, you will have your own celebrity restaurant:
LittleIndiaSingapore.jpg

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #28 of 484
LMAO!!!! Nice one.

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #29 of 484
Thank you. Nice to see mine at #11 (and this after some much more expensive amps thru my room). I did have the DV337 for some time and you helped with tube selection but I never warmed to it. The mighty little original ASL is hard to beat for the $$ and it's flexibility is wonderful between OTL (Senns) and Trans (Denon's) - I am curious about the new DV3322 however!
Great work!

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #30 of 484
Rob, your value to the Head-Fi community cannot be overstated. Thank you for the hours and hours you spend reviewing equipment and sharing your opinions. People pay money for this kind of information.

I would like to buy you a beer at the next opportunity
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back