Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Feb 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #213 of 2,566

Quote:
One thing is for sure, when they do arrive, you could not care less about what happens to the world..

Well, I look forward to that day....♪♫♪♫♪♫
L3000.gif
♪♫♪♫♪♫

Feb 17, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #214 of 2,566
Hi guys, any comparison btw Spiral Ear SE5 and Heir Audio 8.A. I'm considering these along with UM Merlin. Any commends in regards to these 3 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #215 of 2,566
First impressions-- Not bad at all!
The first thing I note is the vocals are further back...
Great layering... everything is in place and superbly controlled--- instruments are very very distinctly separated - there's an added dimension of depth to the sound
compared, sm3 seems too focused/or stripped down to the upfront mids to be natural- in a live setting- I guess... (although still quite enjoyeable).  

My ears are still adjusting to se 5 way sig, but I'm quite pleased with what I'm hearing.

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #216 of 2,566
Yeah. It's a bit mid forward in a good way and at the same time doesn't give you that right in your face vocal. :) I absolutely love mine!

Quote:
First impressions-- Not bad at all!
The first thing I note is the vocals are further back...
Great layering... everything is in place and superbly controlled--- instruments are very very distinctly separated - there's an added dimension of depth to the sound
compared, sm3 seems too focused on the mids to be natural (although still quite enjoyeable imo).  

My ears are still adjusting to se 5 way sig, but I'm quite pleased with what I'm hearing.

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #219 of 2,566

Quote:
Any other impressions? Averagejoe, have you finished your review of the 5-way yet? I can't seem to find it on the first page nor on the multi-CIEM review thread...

The full review of the 5-way is up after I am done with the review I am currently working on.  I do my reviews in the order I receive things, and I just received my replacement 5-way last week, which fits perfectly.  You can check out the comparisons of other earphones with the 5-way (my old one that doesn't sound quite as good as the new one) in my other review threads of the top-tier CIEMs.

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #220 of 2,566
Thanks Joe.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

The full review of the 5-way is up after I am done with the review I am currently working on.  I do my reviews in the order I receive things, and I just received my replacement 5-way last week, which fits perfectly.  You can check out the comparisons of other earphones with the 5-way (my old one that doesn't sound quite as good as the new one) in my other review threads of the top-tier CIEMs.

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #222 of 2,566
lol..exactly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back