Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Feb 20, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #1,907 of 2,566
  Just mailed off my impressions and order to Grzegorz, now the long wait begins..

I believe Grzegorz and his team have got quicker in fulfilling orders than the previous circa-2-3 month wait, so hopefully you won't have to wait much longer than 6 weeks, but, as I always advise folks, it's best to accept a circa-3months wait, and relax about it, and then if it's quicker, it's a happy bonus.

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #1,908 of 2,566

I believe Grzegorz and his team have got quicker in fulfilling orders than the previous circa-2-3 month wait, so hopefully you won't have to wait much longer than 6 weeks, but, as I always advise folks, it's best to accept a circa-3months wait, and relax about it, and then if it's quicker, it's a happy bonus.

It took Grezgorz a week to make my IEMs. It took much longer though for my impressions to arrive at his facility. It was stuck in customs for some reason. In total it was about 6 weeks. But if it went even smoother I'd say about 4 weeks if not slightly less.

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #1,909 of 2,566

It took Grezgorz a week to make my IEMs. It took much longer though for my impressions to arrive at his facility. It was stuck in customs for some reason. In total it was about 6 weeks. But if it went even smoother I'd say about 4 weeks if not slightly less.

Hopefully my impressions will arrive in Poland within two weeks but I'll have no idea since I didn't ship with tracking it would've cost an arm and a leg to ship with tracking from Canada to Poland.

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #1,912 of 2,566
He built my ciems this year in 2 weeks! But it's not se5 just se3!
The sound is
atsmile.gif

Great job ! Nothing more to say !

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #1,913 of 2,566
It's all about the whether they are busy in the lab or not. I had a friend got his SE5 finished in a week. 

BTW
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #1,914 of 2,566
tupac, did you have any problems with detachable cables in SE? Peter from Custom Art advises to be delicate with the sockets in his silicone CIEMs. Does Grzegorze say anything particular in this respect?

BTW, congratulations..I'm so f... jealous..hope to order one for myself at the end of this year:D

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #1,915 of 2,566
tupac, did you have any problems with detachable cables in SE? Peter from Custom Art advises to be delicate with the sockets in his silicone CIEMs. Does Grzegorze say anything particular in this respect?

BTW, congratulations..I'm so f... jealous..hope to order one for myself at the end of this year:D

Hi, I didn't have any problem with the cables at all. Also Grzegorz emailed me about the new cable solution, don't know whether I should speak in public, but I think there should be no harm to say it now cuz my new SE5 has that.

The new SE5s will have the standard "westone" cable socket. so the pin lengths are now similar to all the standard aftermarket cables.

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #1,916 of 2,566
  Hi, I didn't have any problem with the cables at all. Also Grzegorz emailed me about the new cable solution, don't know whether I should speak in public, but I think there should be no harm to say it now cuz my new SE5 has that.

The new SE5s will have the standard "westone" cable socket. so the pin lengths are now similar to all the standard aftermarket cables.

That's wonderful news. I will have to contact him some time about this. Would like to get that "upgrade".

Also, I am losing weight and my right ear fit seems to be changing while the left one stays perfect (after I learn how to insert my ciems properly I should add, thanks to Grzegorz for taking time and explain things). So maybe I can get remolding as well as new cable connectors too.

I see he changed his case too, I remember suggesting him if possible to use easier opening case rather than Otterbox (almost broke my fingers
biggrin.gif
).

This makes me excited again. I have no plans to buy another ciem for a long time but I need to upgrade my source (soon it will be Calyx M I think). SE5way is all I need as a ciem. So if I can get that new cable connector type (default Westone pins) as well as a better fit, I would be even happier.

Gotta contact him soon
happy_face1.gif

Thanks tupac for the news, much appreciated.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #1,917 of 2,566
Try this with your SE5 :wink: 

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #1,919 of 2,566

Is she singing with dentures in?

Maybe it's because I'm not listening with SE-5s...

lol She's a Japanese ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back