[REVIEW] Sony XBA-1 and XBA-4
Oct 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #16 of 172
When you say the right source for XBA-4, what do you have in mind?

Something with very low output impedance and good current output. Unfortunately DAP that can do both brilliantly seem to be few and far between. Personally I think LO+amp or even double amping is better suited for XBA-4 for the best possible sound.

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #17 of 172
I still dont know why I kept the darn thing. I have never had such a hard time finding a source for an IEM till I bought the XBA-4. the only source that seem to do a fine job is the clip+, just lacks the detail that I hear from rocoo BA. 

Thanks for the review, looking forward to your RE-600 review. 

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #18 of 172
Finally :) Thank you for the nice review. I find my XBA-1 to be extremely microphonic though. It's horrible. I have yet to solve the issue. J-cord doesn't make it really suitable for wearing over ears especially for my left ear

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #19 of 172
SInce you have the FXD80, I don't think you will find XBA-1 much of any upgrade.

Hope some day you make a review of the fxd70 and 80. You reviews are simply awesome.

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #20 of 172
Finally :) Thank you for the nice review. I find my XBA-1 to be extremely microphonic though. It's horrible. I have yet to solve the issue. J-cord doesn't make it really suitable for wearing over ears especially for my left ear

Oh? XBA series has some of the least microphonics cable in my experience though. Anyway, you can get some ear guide for better over-the-ear fitting. I brought the really good quality Phonak ear guide from this EU seller, not cheap, but Phonak's ear guide is really good in quality and you can use it on future IEM: http://www.headphones4.com/phonak-audeo/PHONAK-Audeo-PFE-Silicone-ear-guides

Oct 20, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #21 of 172
Hope some day you make a review of the fxd70 and 80. You reviews are simply awesome.

Will do a review on FXD80. Not sure I'll get the FXD70 or not at this point. I am more inclined to save up for the new FXZ200.

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #22 of 172
Thanks for the tip. I managed to try on a collar clip and to my surprise it did quite well

Quote:
Oh? XBA series has some of the least microphonics cable in my experience though. Anyway, you can get some ear guide for better over-the-ear fitting. I brought the really good quality Phonak ear guide from this EU seller, not cheap, but Phonak's ear guide is really good in quality and you can use it on future IEM: http://www.headphones4.com/phonak-audeo/PHONAK-Audeo-PFE-Silicone-ear-guides

Oct 27, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #25 of 172
Oct 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #27 of 172
Oct 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #29 of 172
So which one sound better? Talking about the AMP not DAC since E11 don't have one

I consider them on par as far as amp performance goes, but you might like E17 better because it sounds less thick than E11, which makes it easier to pair with headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back