[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Oct 23, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #16 of 3,824
at amazon uk

starting at about 12 pounds shipped (locally) would you believe this ?

ordered one of course with shipping to portugal in the end it´s about 20 euro

nonetheless a steal...

additionally I found the samsung earphones originally coming with the galaxy S2 phone two years ago quite nice sounding too how about that

btw do you have an idea of the nozzle diameter? like 4mm or more towards 5mm ?

Oct 23, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #19 of 3,824
Hi,

How does this compare to Vsonic GR06 (particularly for instrumental music)?

MH1 should be better at instrumental music than GR06. IN fact, with most genre as well. However, I'll personally prefer IEM with a more V-shaped FR curve for instrumental music. H100 from T-PEOS for an example.

Oct 23, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #22 of 3,824
That's interesting. I've been looking for a good sounding iem with mic and controls for my Galaxy S for so long. I hate flat cables but I might pick one OMTP version to give it a try.

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #24 of 3,824
looking at these for my iPod on my bus commute. How is the isolation?

Average, which is about -20dB or so.

Do note that only the centre button (play/pause) will work on a iDevice.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #26 of 3,824
Well, the wait begins. I just put in an order on amazon UK as well. Estimated ETA is next Friday and I've got great expectations for these IEMS too. Will post impressions and hopefully they will be as great as Tai makes them out to be.

Thanks again!

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #27 of 3,824
How do they compare isolation-wise and SQ-wise to the UE 600's/SF 5's? I've been out of the IEM market for a while and those were the last pair I owned and I really enjoyed them.

Have not heard them, unfortunately. But I do think MH1 is comparable to UE700, if that's of any help.

Oct 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #30 of 3,824
How would you compare these to the TF10? and why don't they deserve the full 5/5? 

TF10 will still be my upper choice, but they are two very different sounding IEM so I think they can easily complement rather than crushing each other. The reason for not getting a full 5 marks are [1] flat cable (ergonomic), [2] the cheaper bulk package, especially those from eBay might not have any warranty (price trade off), and [3] not fully compatible (*smartkey) to other Android phone except for Sony own Xperia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back