Review: Sony MDR-7550
Apr 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #136 of 255
  Don't do it. 
frown.gif

Having IEMs like the UERM makes it quite easy honestly. With the Tralucent I never used the 7550s anymore. They are good but once you move up you do see their flaws compared to the other IEMs. It just raises the bar and makes going back to the previous IEM that much harder. I found myself not enjoying my music trying to re-assimilate instead of enjoying the music.

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #137 of 255

Having IEMs like the UERM makes it quite easy honestly. With the Tralucent I never used the 7550s anymore. They are good but once you move up you do see their flaws compared to the other IEMs. It just raises the bar and makes going back to the previous IEM that much harder. I found myself not enjoying my music trying to re-assimilate instead of enjoying the music.

I own a pair of HD800s...and going from that to my Grado SR60s is not that hard.  I try to change things up a bit by trying to use all the headphones I own.  I guess with IEMs it is easier to just own one or two TOTL models since you don't need a portable (I use the PX100) or isolating (use the DT1350) headphones since one IEM takes cares of most needs.

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #138 of 255

I own a pair of HD800s...and going from that to my Grado SR60s is not that hard.  I try to change things up a bit by trying to use all the headphones I own.  I guess with IEMs it is easier to just own one or two TOTL models since you don't need a portable (I use the PX100) or isolating (use the DT1350) headphones since one IEM takes cares of most needs.
Got that right. UERM and IM03 cuts it for me.

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #139 of 255
Got that right. UERM and IM03 cuts it for me.

Haha...I don't believe this.  I bet you are selling the 7550 so you can buy more stuff. 
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #141 of 255
hello,i just stumbled into this thread and wants to ask a few question.

how's the sound of im-03 compared to mdr 7550 because Im looking for new iem. the im-03 I can get for 430$ while the mdr 7550 for 293$..it is worth it if I take the im-03?

I listened to wide genre of music.mostly pop.

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #142 of 255
hello,i just stumbled into this thread and wants to ask a few question.

how's the sound of im-03 compared to mdr 7550 because Im looking for new iem. the im-03 I can get for 430$ while the mdr 7550 for 293$..it is worth it if I take the im-03?

I listened to wide genre of music.mostly pop.

7550 can be purchased for as low as $229.99 +  free shipping
(hint:  New York based retailer, started company by catering to A/V professionals)

as for the ATH IM__ lineup, initial reviews say IM02 is the better value, but very selective whne it comes to source(s) and output impedance must be no greater than 1 Ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back