[REVIEW] Shure SE215
Nov 10, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #257 of 296
No, I should probably do that before I get back to you on that.

I hope I don't have to warranty them, I brought them to Norway from the US and don't go back to the US for several months.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #259 of 296
  No, I should probably do that before I get back to you on that.

I hope I don't have to warranty them, I brought them to Norway from the US and don't go back to the US for several months.

I believe Shure has multiple HQs in Europe, including one that's in the UK. You should be able to utilize your warranty there.

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #260 of 296
How would these work for alternative rock? Stuff like Weezer, Cake, The Foo Fighters, etc? I'm going to get them either way (got a $50 gift card to Guitar Center), but I'd like to know how they do.

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #261 of 296
Nope. The Shure custom circuitry includes an ARD (Alternative Rock Detector) so if you play stuff like Weezer, Cake, The Foo Fighters it will automatically come out sounding like crap. In mitigation all other speakers and headphones achieve the same.

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #262 of 296
Nope. The Shure custom circuitry includes an ARD (Alternative Rock Detector) so if you play stuff like Weezer, Cake, The Foo Fighters it will automatically come out sounding like crap. In mitigation all other speakers and headphones achieve the same.

That's pretty high tech stuff there 
biggrin.gif

Just afraid electric guitars may be a little far back, but I'm getting the X1, so EQ can probably fix that if it's the case.

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #267 of 296
OK serious note: the Shures are super, you get a well designed product and accessories and a cable you can change for simple/apple/android (see ebay) and a nice sound. But for much less money you can get something not just good but *omg* *holy f*c** *What!!!* effing brilliant.

I have the Samsung HS3303 headset (Galaxy S4 headset). It is a dual dynamic driver IEM with full Android controls (volume up/down, call answer, google voice search etc). It makes the SE215 sound very cheap. No kidding. The bass is full and natural and there is no deficiency in mids and highs. Vocal and instrumental music sounds vivid, natural, gorgeous and engaging.

After several months I find I prefer these dual driver IEMS over my Sennheiser Momentums (circumaural) and all other IEMs I ever tried. Sometimes I use the Shures but this is really more for a change than a preference (and to avoid ear infections lol).

If you buy fake HS3303 they will be ****. If you spend the whole £12 you get what must be the most outrageous earphone bargain anywhere out there.

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #268 of 296
OK serious note: the Shures are super, you get a well designed product and accessories and a cable you can change for simple/apple/android (see ebay) and a nice sound. But for much less money you can get something not just good but *omg* *holy f*c** *What!!!* effing brilliant.

I have the Samsung HS3303 headset (Galaxy S4 headset). It is a dual dynamic driver IEM with full Android controls (volume up/down, call answer, google voice search etc). It makes the SE215 sound very cheap. No kidding. The bass is full and natural and there is no deficiency in mids and highs. Vocal and instrumental music sounds vivid, natural, gorgeous and engaging.

After several months I find I prefer these dual driver IEMS over my Sennheiser Momentums (circumaural) and all other IEMs I ever tried. Sometimes I use the Shures but this is really more for a change than a preference (and to avoid ear infections lol).

If you buy fake HS3303 they will be ****. If you spend the whole £12 you get what must be the most outrageous earphone bargain anywhere out there.

Unfortunately I have a $50 gift card to Guitar Center that i just got and would prefer to stick to something from there; otherwise, I'd have a gift card for nothing. I also really need the isolation. From what I've heard, the Shures and Etymotics provide the most isolation, and I think the Etys would be too boring for me.

Dec 25, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #270 of 296
I get better isolation from the Samsungs+EarphonesPlus foam tips than I get with the Shures. They are seriously good in every aspect.

I can't tell if you're kidding... If you aren't, other reviews say they fall apart and sound quality is only decent. The design itself just doesn't look like it isolates well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back