[REVIEW] Shure SE215
Aug 7, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #211 of 296
Julian67,

This was the Santtosz question:

>hello, im looking for a good pair of earphones, neve had ones (only the ones who came with the iphone) and i want to spend between 100 and 150 dollars,

The T-Peos costs RM$411 and the SE-215 costs RM$398. That's a price difference of less than USD$5.

FieldingMellish,

I was responding to Santtosz's question above where he asked for other choices. What's so "left field" about it?

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #213 of 296
In the UK they seem to be more expensive now than they were 2 years ago
basshead.gif

I've only ever bought three IEMs, they were:

1. Sennheiser CX500
  2. Klipsch Image S4
  3. Shure SE215

All three were amazing but the SE215 just feels so much more balanced. Also the fact it's pretty hard to damage as far as the cables go, plus a great length cable and that foam fit, it never falls out either.

I think the correct term is 'warmth' for the SE215? The music just really surrounds me and pretty much all ambient sound is blocked out as well.

Sep 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #214 of 296
Just bought a pair of these on a whim as my first IEM. Very satisfied with them so far. The fit and seal seem fantastic, extremely comfortable. Build quality seems very good. The sound signature is a bit different than what I am used to - they have a slight bass emphasis and the highs are rolled off a tad, but I guess this is to prevent fatigue? The mids seem a little recessed, but I haven't really burned them in yet, so maybe that will change. I'm happy with the purchase, though, for sure. I'm able to really enjoy music with a bit more bass presence with the SE215's, but they are also balanced enough such that they perform well with other music I listen to, making them a seemingly great entry-level IEM. 

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #215 of 296
Yeah the SE215s are awesome. They switch duty with my HD25 and PX100-ii as my portable phones of choice. 

The microphone on the Android-compatible cable is AWESOME, too; I used it while biking, with the cable behind me and the mic on the back of my neck, and my friend said he could hear me clearly, even cycling at 20 mph+.
Quote:
Just bought a pair of these on a whim as my first IEM. Very satisfied with them so far. The fit and seal seem fantastic, extremely comfortable. Build quality seems very good. The sound signature is a bit different than what I am used to - they have a slight bass emphasis and the highs are rolled off a tad, but I guess this is to prevent fatigue? The mids seem a little recessed, but I haven't really burned them in yet, so maybe that will change. I'm happy with the purchase, though, for sure. I'm able to really enjoy music with a bit more bass presence with the SE215's, but they are also balanced enough such that they perform well with other music I listen to, making them a seemingly great entry-level IEM. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #220 of 296
I had these for a while. Build quality was top-notch. Didn't care for the sound however. A little two fat in the low end, and a peak in the upper treble (maybe 5k?) bothered me. For the same price, I really liked the RE-400. very flat response for the price point....

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #221 of 296
Sounds excessive to me...no IEM or headphone I've ever owned changed after 100 hours.
Yes I would say so, they are dynamic drivers and over time dynamic drivers tend to sound better after burn in. I would give it 200-300 hours for full burn in. Just me

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #222 of 296
Just got my se215's today and I'm not too impressed.

The bass is nice and tight, not too much nor too little. Mids are there and have a good soundstage. However the treble is just too harsh on the hi-mids. I hear a bump around 2k that explodes sibilance on some tracks.

The main reason I wanted them was for the around ear memory cable. It's just been a pain to get it to sit comfortably. After half an hour my left ear started hurting.

This is not a good start to these. I'm really hoping this is just a matter of burn-in. I'll also play around with the various earpieces, and see what I can do cable-wise. I will update this post in case anything drastic changes. I'm going on a business trip for a good week and a half and I'll see if it changes in the meanwhile.

May 29, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #223 of 296
Just wondering if this would be a better deal than the Brainwavz M3. Do they both have identical sound signature? If not, then what IEMs would you recommend me?

I kinda want these pairs just for the detachable cables since my IEMs really go through hell every single day. I am now using Soundmagic E10 but I want an upgrade. The M3s were great upgrades but they're very fragile and I kept on returning them after 3 months. I got 4 pairs before because of cable issues.

My Soundmagic E10 lasts me around 6 to 8 months. Take note that I use these every day and I think detachable cables would be better for me.

May 29, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #224 of 296
  Just wondering if this would be a better deal than the Brainwavz M3. Do they both have identical sound signature? If not, then what IEMs would you recommend me?

I kinda want these pairs just for the detachable cables since my IEMs really go through hell every single day. I am now using Soundmagic E10 but I want an upgrade. The M3s were great upgrades but they're very fragile and I kept on returning them after 3 months. I got 4 pairs before because of cable issues.

My Soundmagic E10 lasts me around 6 to 8 months. Take note that I use these every day and I think detachable cables would be better for me.

Regarding how long they last, the drivers have been doing real fine for me, and the only reason why I had to send it back to Shure for warranty was due to the MMCX plug on the cable to be slightly damaged after ~8 months or so. 

May 29, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #225 of 296

That's quite an understatement. They got an insane amount of bass. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back