Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure SE846
Aug 21, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #332 of 436

Cheers for that, I've seen those stock photos however it doesn't give a clear idea of how it looks at different angles. Would ideally liked ones of people wearing them and infront of direct light to see how translucent there are.

I like the internals of the SE846 and if the crystal smoke can still show some of that then I am sold :)

It would be nice as well, but there aren't any true-to-life pictures of the Crystal Smoke color on the internet other than what I posted, yet.  That's why I tried to explain as best as I could for you regarding the color.  I personally didn't pick it because it was too plain/dark, even with the glitter.  It was a really difficult choice because I really liked the Crystal Smoke color when I saw it, but wound up picking something that was just a bit more vibrant.  The Crystal Blue may look super bright in pictures, but in person, it looks like a translucent blue - even slightly subdued.  The Crystal Smoke color is translucent, but it's not as translucent-looking as the other colors, such as Yellow, Green, Blue, etcetera.  The Crystal Blue still shows the internals of the SE846, but it looks slightly cloudy, as passers by would not be able to distinguish the internals as more than the color of the sleeves themselves.  The Crystal Smoke is even darker, so YMMV with regards to the perception of how translucent they are when inserted into the SE846's nozzle.

I'm "hoping" to have mine in two more weeks, which are being done in Crystal Smoke. I think that the color will be a great accent to the clear shells of the 846's.

The color will look amazing to the clear shells of the SE846, no doubt about that!  Looking forward to your impressions and images of your upcoming Crystal Smoke SCS!

I'll post some pics of my crystal smoke when I have a chance later today. Love the look of them.

Thank you, that will be most appreciated. 
beerchug.gif
 (Cashew chocolate milk in my glass)

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #333 of 436
Here are extra swirl colors that if Sensaphonics has in its inventory (they usually do), can create for customers as well:

Sensphonics 2XS (the colors can be chosen for the SCS)

Sensaphonics 2XS (the colors can be chosen for the SCS)

Sensaphonics 3MAX (the colors can be chosen for the SCS)

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #335 of 436
Here you go. I chose this color because it was fairly understated and would age well.

Thank you for the pictures, much appreciated!  I agree, the Crystal Smoke color is understated, and elegant as well.  The glitter makes it pop just a little.  I believe any color (except for the clears that I've seen), have aged very well.  Mine is still looking like new after about a year and a half of use. 
regular_smile .gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #336 of 436
Here you go. I chose this color because it was fairly understated and would age well.

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered the Crystal Smoke.

Spent the entire weekend thinking about the colour choice, it was ultimately always going to be Clear or Smoke. Since I was planning on keeping the SE846 for a long time I might as well play it safe and go with something that would not change colour over time. Getting impressions done next week so hopefully can get the sleeves by the end of September :)

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #337 of 436

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered the Crystal Smoke.

Spent the entire weekend thinking about the colour choice, it was ultimately always going to be Clear or Smoke. Since I was planning on keeping the SE846 for a long time I might as well play it safe and go with something that would not change colour over time. Getting impressions done next week so hopefully can get the sleeves by the end of September :)

My clear one are getting a bit pinky!

not a bi deal though

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #338 of 436

My clear one are getting a bit pinky!

not a bi deal though

Thank you for the information.

I saw some clear SCS that were a few years old that changed color (pink/light rust type of color) before choosing my color, and as such, I didn't want to chance that my clear sleeves would change color if I decided to go with the clear color.  The PH of one's bodily fluids play a part with regards to if clear will discolor or not.  I haven't experienced a clear silicone product personally that didn't change color over time.  For example, my custom clear silicone mouthguards discolored heavily with use (even when cleaned with a toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash), so that was enough to go with a darker color that won't change to a different color. 

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #340 of 436
Aug 24, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #341 of 436
Aug 27, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #342 of 436
Impressions shipped out a couple of days later than anticipated, so now I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with the Crystal Smoke. I'm digging the idea of the black and white swirl after seeing the color pics above. Especially with the white cable...

Aug 30, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #343 of 436
  Impressions shipped out a couple of days later than anticipated, so now I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with the Crystal Smoke. I'm digging the idea of the black and white swirl after seeing the color pics above. Especially with the white cable...

Swirls are cool!  Here's mine:

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #344 of 436

Users who are viewing this thread

Back