[Review] Sennheiser IE800: Impressions, Frustration and a bunch of What-Ifs
Apr 9, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #466 of 509
I´m new to this site, so hello from germany! :) Just wanted to say, my IE800 have the same gap at the connector (about 0,5 mm), its a over 25'000 SN. They may have changed it with changing about the stiff cable issue. I think it´s normal. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #471 of 509
RE600 balanced on HM901 has a good chance of being on par or above the ie800
wink.gif

Really!?  would you say that the sound signature of the two are similar?  For the price, the RE600 right now has got to be a steal and a better value!

Apr 24, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #472 of 509
???

I have not heard the HE but my understanding is they are bass anemic.  Perhaps treble detail is same but IE800 kills it bass wise.  Maybe someone else can confirm.

Apr 25, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #473 of 509
  Really!?  would you say that the sound signature of the two are similar?  For the price, the RE600 right now has got to be a steal and a better value!

???

I have not heard the HE but my understanding is they are bass anemic.  Perhaps treble detail is same but IE800 kills it bass wise.  Maybe someone else can confirm.

Here's a short comparison of 6 IEMs including my RE600 and IE800:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/694117/aurisonics-rockets-impressions-thread/2070#post_11031717

I've modded the filters on my RE600 though, since I find their stock tuning too treble-shy.

May 7, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #474 of 509
Hi all this is my first post. I thought I'd share that Sennheiser
(US) sells the stock tips or "earpads" as they are listed on their webpage. It was not easy to find this and I know in the past people were not able to find them. I just ordered x pairs of the Medium for 33 + shipping and tax. *** Correction: It is for 1 pair *** It came out to about 40. FYI the webpage wouldnt let me order, I asked for help and they gave me a number where a good operator took my order over the phone.

I also was wondering about the Comply TS-400 tips, I just got some in the mail from Amazon and they dont grip AT ALL. This seems to be odd as it is what the website recommends. Anyone else have experience with this? I'm interested in any tip recommendations that preserve sound quality.

May 8, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #475 of 509

They aren't really close in quality or signature to my ears.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #476 of 509
Hi all -- does anyone by chance have unused small oval tips they'd be interested in trading with me? I have no use for the larger sizes, especially the large round tips, and they're just lying around, so if you'd like to swap, let me know 
etysmile.gif

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #478 of 509
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but what is the general recommendation if you can't get the IE800s to fit? As I understand it, third-party tips are a no-go. I really enjoy the sound of them (I'm using Sennheiser CapTune with tidal to roll off the treble above 8k just a little bit, just a little hot up there without EQ) but I just can't get the stupid little things to stay in my ears, particularly my left. With every size the left one just falls out sooner or later, particularly in cold weather. I tried putting them up for sale but no success there, so I'm stuck with them. 

Really appreciate your help guys, I don't want to part with them but every listening session is a constant frustration, my hand is always up by my ear adjusting the fit. 

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #479 of 509
There are some comply tips for the ie800 supposedly... 

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/sen-isolation/

I've use the comply t500 tips before and they work reasonably well but from time to time they may fall off since they don't have the locking mechanism built in... 

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #480 of 509
  There are some comply tips for the ie800 supposedly... 

http://www.complyfoam.com/products/sen-isolation/

I've use the comply t500 tips before and they work reasonably well but from time to time they may fall off since they don't have the locking mechanism built in... 

Didn't know comply had tips specifically for the IE800s, thanks! May check em out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back