Review : Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
Feb 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #76 of 145

Quote:
Thinking of picking up a pair of HD25-1 II's. From what I have heard the isolation is very good in terms of keeping sound out and in. However, how would these fair on a plane? I am going to be doing some traveling soon and don't wish to bring my CIEM's or anything too bulky. My Shure's are indefinitely out of commission until I bother to resolder the cable... and I have always wanted to try the Hd25's. Can somebody provide some insight into isolation?

I never used them on a plane but I don't think they would work well. I can hear my computer with them on (using velour though, not sure how much better the horrible comfort pads are), barely but it's audible if I don't listen to any music.
My computer isn't mega loud and it certainly ain't a plane. I also hear trucks, cars, bikes, whatever well when walking around town, can even pick up stuff people are saying around me.

Better than the ones you get on the plane, but it will hardly drown the plane either,

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #77 of 145
^I frequently miss my phone which is about 1.5 m away with the HD's on. The sound isolation is good, but not perfect of course. 
etysmile.gif

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #78 of 145
With the velour pads you loose a lot of isolation. With the standard comfy ones they are really good at isolation. I know I use them everyday.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #80 of 145
I have 2 pairs of HD25s, one is the original and one is the Adidas branded one. The original one I've owned for 3-4 years now so is considerably more used or "burnt-in" than the Adidas one I purchased last month. A/Bing them the older HD25 has greater bass quantity and more impact.
confused.gif

I've not really checked for other differences as the bass was the only thing immediately apparent to me. What do you reckon? Burn-in? Manufacturing differences? Both are using the pleather pads and both seem to clamp about the same.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #81 of 145

Quote:

Really... Really? Does it even matter? It's just on the top band on each side along with the Sennheiser and logo.. Much better than saying made in China..

Yes it does matter, to me anyway. Considering how much these costs it completely ruins the looks. I don't see why they had to print it on the top of the headband. If it said something like "made it Japan" or "Engineered in Germany", that would have been acceptable.

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #84 of 145
It was £40 for the paint job and £40 for the cable. JFunk is a head-fi member and runs his own headphone customization site...http://www.customcans.co.uk/.

I sent my headphones to him for the paint job but you can buy them from him directly and specify what design you want. I just went for a simple white design similar to Jude's. I'm considering putting on the blue pads and cable, but I'm not sure if I prefer blue or black.

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #85 of 145

Quote:
It was £40 for the paint job and £40 for the cable. JFunk is a head-fi member and runs his own headphone customization site...http://www.customcans.co.uk/.

I sent my headphones to him for the paint job but you can buy them from him directly and specify what design you want. I just went for a simple white design similar to Jude's. I'm considering putting on the blue pads and cable, but I'm not sure if I prefer blue or black.

your HD25s already look awesome!*
Thinking about getting mine modded aswell...

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #88 of 145
Great review mate!

I got my Turbine Pro Golds replaced recently, and I'm thinking of sending them back for a refund and getting these instead.

I was just wondering, are these okey to were around your neck? I will be using them at school and in public, and thus wear them around my neck a lot. I've owned the ATH M50's, and they felt like a giant, bulky collar around my neck, which meant it just wasn't for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back