Review : Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
Oct 13, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #61 of 145
I thinks these are the best natural sounding phones I listened to.
Nothing is over sold, the instruments, vocals etc are very natural and sound really great.
Very easy to listen to these, they became my favorites already

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #62 of 145
Have you listened to any of the other iems? And that's what I keep hearing. Haha there's a reason why so many people like them and I might have to jump on the band wagon also:p

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #63 of 145
I don't have any high end iems.
Most expensive one is Shure SE215s, and of course HD25-1 ii's sound better. Similar sound signature, but better.

I also have the Brainwavz M2s which are excellent for their price range, but are not HD25s :)

i got the HD25s from Amazon for 130, and great price for sure.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #64 of 145
Hmm, where did you manage to nab these cans in the Philippines? I've been looking for a decent pair of closed-backs for home/portable use, I've been curious about the 25-1s for quite some time now.

Did you nab them online, or is there a retail shop in Metro Manila that sell these for a decent price? Speaking of price, how much did they set you back?

Salamat :p

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #65 of 145
Got this beauty today and I can say it's awesome.

I'm not a "pro" listener but I can certainly tell a 320kbps song and those are much more clear in this one.

I read somewhere that these are very recommended to heavy music such as rock, metal, hardrock etc so I got them.
Since I want to listen inside, traveling, street.

My only complaint so far is the sound isolation. It's really not as good as I'd have hoped.
Listened to loud music and somebody beside me will be able to hear the 'bzz bzz bzz" of the song.

However when it comes to sound isolation these do a GREAT job and they are not even "full ear" (the ones that make your ear stay inside, is that the word for it?).

Overall I'm very impressed.

Can get a lot of details in the music with these and listening to loud music with these is really really good.

They also seem to be very durable.

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #66 of 145
Great review. I completely agree, these cans are indestructible. They have served me well over the years and will continue too into the future.

Most suitable can for DJ'n as well.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #67 of 145
Thinking of picking up a pair of HD25-1 II's. From what I have heard the isolation is very good in terms of keeping sound out and in. However, how would these fair on a plane? I am going to be doing some traveling soon and don't wish to bring my CIEM's or anything too bulky. My Shure's are indefinitely out of commission until I bother to resolder the cable... and I have always wanted to try the Hd25's. Can somebody provide some insight into isolation?

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #68 of 145
Have to say on a design front, they aren't really that striking considering their price, but why'd they have to go and plaster "made in Ireland" everywhere? Completely spoils the look of the product.

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #71 of 145

Quote:
Thinking of picking up a pair of HD25-1 II's. From what I have heard the isolation is very good in terms of keeping sound out and in. However, how would these fair on a plane? I am going to be doing some traveling soon and don't wish to bring my CIEM's or anything too bulky. My Shure's are indefinitely out of commission until I bother to resolder the cable... and I have always wanted to try the Hd25's. Can somebody provide some insight into isolation?

In my opinion these would be fabulous on a plane. They have excellent sound insulation. On my train journey each day I sometimes forget where I am and drift into another musical world...lol

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #72 of 145

Yeah I think they are good for sound isolation, but of course there are much better options out there. I would consider an in ear for isolation on a plane/train before these purely because they are bulky. Something small and nondescript like the etymotic er6i woud be perfect, unfortunately very hard to come by now. In fact I need another pair and can't find any at a non inflated price :| 

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #73 of 145

Quote:
Have to say on a design front, they aren't really that striking considering their price, but why'd they have to go and plaster "made in Ireland" everywhere? Completely spoils the look of the product.

Really... Really? Does it even matter? It's just on the top band on each side along with the Sennheiser and logo.. Much better than saying made in China..

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #75 of 145
I purchased mine at Christmas and they don't have made in Ireland anywhere on them?

You could always run over it with a marker pen if it bothered you that much...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back