REVIEW: Ross Martin PCM 1794 DAC- $250 Overachiever
Apr 22, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #32 of 61
How long did it take to come to you from the time you press the order button.  I see people mention it takes a like a week or so.  Since I also interested in that dac as well. Also knows how the Audio engine D1 fare against it too, as I was also looking at that as well.

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #33 of 61

Quote:
How long did it take to come to you from the time you press the order button.  I see people mention it takes a like a week or so.  Since I also interested in that dac as well. Also knows how the Audio engine D1 fare against it too, as I was also looking at that as well.

I ordered it on March 29 and received it Friday.They are made to order and he also has to order parts, I wish it came sooner but now that I have it it was totally worth the wait. I can't vouch for the Audio engine D1 but if you got the Ross Martin you wouldn't be disappointed.

biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #34 of 61
What did he use to ship the pocket to you, as I in a Apt complex and all fedex and usps packages go to the management office. Which would in-up with me trying to catch the manager when they're in the office as its lock when there not.

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #36 of 61
Just FYI, two people in this thread got fooled by the codename of the dac chip.The pcm1794 used in the ross martin dac is a good chip, but it's a sigma-delta one like all newer converters. It should not be confused with the 1704 which is a R2R dac, and which would be impossible to find in a $250 DAC, costing 70$ for a pair (it's mono).

just my 2c

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #37 of 61
I might end up getting the dac even if I have to wait almost a month.But it be when i get enough. Which of the configs will offer me a Deep sound/3Dish sound stage While being Transparent.

May 1, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #38 of 61
I ordered one on 4/19, but with the built in headphone amp.  I guess next week sometime is a realistic expectation.  It would be nice if Ross sent out a delivery notice if he doesn't already do so.

May 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #39 of 61
I ordered one on 4/19, but with the built in headphone amp.  I guess next week sometime is a realistic expectation.  It would be nice if Ross sent out a delivery notice if he doesn't already do so.

I'm assuming he'll email you a tracking number, he provided me with one. Don't forget to post some impressions of it!

May 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #41 of 61
Quote:
Just FYI, two people in this thread got fooled by the codename of the dac chip.The pcm1794 used in the ross martin dac is a good chip, but it's a sigma-delta one like all newer converters. It should not be confused with the 1704 which is a R2R dac, and which would be impossible to find in a $250 DAC, costing 70$ for a pair (it's mono).

just my 2c

um, oops?

May 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #42 of 61
FYI:  Ross must of got swamped with orders.  I'm still waiting for the delivery confirmation on mine and if I receive next week as communicated, that marks 4 weeks.  So, for those pulling the trigger on this, you may have to wait a bit.  Keep in mind, his operation is MOD (made on demand).  This will go against my Pico DAC.

May 9, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #43 of 61
I figure it would had took a long while, I in up not having enough for it any way,because of having to pay a eBay seller fee >_>. That would suck waiting that long or longer til he gets around to making yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back