Review: RIVA Turbo X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker – Plus Headquarters Tour
Dec 17, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #211 of 234
Anyone use this in a humid bathroom? Looking for a speaker that will hold up in the same room as the shower.

Dec 19, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #212 of 234
Anyone use this in a humid bathroom? Looking for a speaker that will hold up in the same room as the shower.

If you are looking to take the Riva into the bathroom, have a shower and then take it out again, then I am sure it will not be a problem; if you are considering to leave it there almost all of the time, then perhaps take contact with Riva to check 1st. If the recommendation goes against in the latter case, In any case there are other great options specifically designed for harsh environments, such as the Fugoo XL.

The Fugoo may not sound quite as good as the Riva, but it's a clear case of "horses for courses". I bought the small Fugoo for my wife and it's a great device too.

Hope it helps.

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #213 of 234
Hi Bavinck,

What you describe should not be a problem for the Turbo X. It is splash resistant, and leaving it in your bathroom should be just fine. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Thank you,
RIVA Audio

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #214 of 234
hey there riva audio,

I was wondering if it is possible to only controle volume via Bluetooth, while analog input is connected and active?

At the moment I only have one Turbo X and I always use it driven by Mojo.
I would love to add a second one (like many others I quess), but the idea of having to controle volume on both units separately via the buttons is rather off putting...

Would love to see an update, making this possible.

Cheers

Dec 20, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #215 of 234
hey there @riva audio,

I was wondering if it is possible to only controle volume via Bluetooth, while analog input is connected and active?

At the moment I only have one Turbo X and I always use it driven by Mojo.
I would love to add a second one (like many others I quess), but the idea of having to controle volume on both units separately via the buttons is rather off putting...

Would love to see an update, making this possible.

Cheers

With Mojo it is DAC/amp. With Bluetooth the Turbo is DAC/amp.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #216 of 234
I was thinking of the possibility to use Bluetooth connection for Volume control only.

Mojo in this scenario is preamp and the amp from the Riva is still active.
Otherwise the volume buttons on the Riva would not be working... but they are.

Cheers

Dec 20, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #217 of 234
I was thinking of the possibility to use Bluetooth connection for Volume control only.

Mojo in this scenario is preamp and the amp from the Riva is still active.
Otherwise the volume buttons on the Riva would not be working... but they are.

Cheers

But the Bluetooth components on the Riva with audio in are not being used. Idk, maybe I am wrong. I just know that when using bluetooth the amo/dac/decoding all all happening in the audio device.

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #219 of 234
You don't have to wait at all if you go for the X's smaller, more portable, brother "S". I haven't heard the S myself, but others have said it does give a good proportion of the X sound,  

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #220 of 234
Am really settling in to enjoying my Riva X on a daily basis now.

I have it rigged as a 2nd system in the Kitchen which can be position as far away from the living room as possible. It's good enough not so I feel scuppered by not using the main rig (Kef 300A's) when cooking and washing up.

I find I am told off more often than not for using the Kef's because they interfere with peeps in the living room trying to watch the TV!

The Riva is a great compromise :)

And, generally, am taking it around with me, in the car, round the house. Great stuff.

I thought the "honey moon" period would wear off and it would become redundant for the most part, but actually, am using it far more than expected.

Jan 3, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #221 of 234
For me, I'm switching countries every few years so I'm looking for something semi portable. Before I was stuffing the HK Soundsticks 3 into my case however they broke. I expect the Turbo X to sound better and be more transportable too!

Glad to hear you're enjoying them so much.

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #225 of 234
I tried buying it but it only ships to the USA? :/ That's horrible

Shipping forwarder.  I used one to ship a Japanese G-Shock (a model that was Japanese sold-only) to my home in the USA - only took 5 days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back