Review: Resonessence Labs Invicta - new high end DAC/amp/playback system
Nov 25, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #901 of 911
I pinged Mark for an update and got the following information. First, the filters are indeed the ESS filters as used in other devices with ES9028/ES9038 chips.

I didn't get into the prospect of ESS being influenced by the proprietary Reseonessence filters used in the original Invicta... but that's a definite possibility. I think it's probably difficult to separate which IP began at ESS and moved to RLabs, versus the other way around, considering designer Dustin Forman was responsible for so much on both sides. If his work on the Invicta filters informed his designs for the next gen of Sabre chips, there really wouldn't be an easy way to know for sure (I try to refrain from bugging him whenever possible). Also there are other folks involved in both firms so who knows for sure.

In other news, Resonessence Labs has a new streaming playback device launching shortly. Sounds like it is 99.9% complete, just waiting for extremely minor aesthetic details to be completed. The name is Fluvius, from the Latin term "Flow", sometimes spelled by Mark as Fluvious (because Canada, eh?). All I know so far is that it will sell for under $2k and it will be Roon certified. Hope to have more details and possibly some impressions soon though.
Interesting, keep us posted please.

Dec 5, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #903 of 911
Fluvius is on the website, but the information is pretty sparse as usual with RL.

Dec 2, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #907 of 911
I have a Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G phone using Poweramp as a music player.

Has anyone successfully attempted using an android phone's music player app to send FLAC files to a Mirus Pro DAC?

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #908 of 911
I have not, since I would just use the built in SD card player if I wasn't using a music server or CD transport. But since the company did have their Fluvius streamer, which was built on an Android-based platform and ran a customized version of the UAPP software, it seems likely your phone would work as well.

My Mirus Pro Signature is on loan with a friend right now so unfortunately I can't test it for you.

Dec 3, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #909 of 911
I have not, since I would just use the built in SD card player if I wasn't using a music server or CD transport. But since the company did have their Fluvius streamer, which was built on an Android-based platform and ran a customized version of the UAPP software, it seems likely your phone would work as well.

My Mirus Pro Signature is on loan with a friend right now so unfortunately I can't test it for you.

I also use the built in card reader and a Macbook Pro with my Mirus Pro and have considered trying Poweramp on my Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G phone as a music source.

I had the DAC chip upgrade for my Mirus Pro and feel it is still a very good DAC which I have used mainly with Preamp, Amp and Speakers.

Recently I have been using my phone as a portable music player and I am impressed with the functions in Poweramp.

I did not know the Fluvius streamer used an android operating system, which would imply that an android phone could work with the Mirus Pro.

Dec 7, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #911 of 911
Yes, of course no guarantee but the fact that they use Android and it does work in that other context, is at least somewhat promising. It's not expensive or difficult to give it a try

My phone worked ok with the Mirus Pro using a USB Type-C to Type-A OTG Cable and I purchased a 1TB Sandisk Extreme Pro MicroSDXC to use with my phone, I put the 1TB Extreme Pro in an adaptor and was able to use the 1TB Extreme Pro with the Mirus Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back