Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 8, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #6,691 of 7,140
On Questyle's Facebook page, there is a post on the 27th November 2017, thanking us for our patience upon releasing the 1.0.9 firmware. Questyle said, "We will continue to support the QP1R". Can anyone give examples of how they have lived up to their promise?

Also, why are the moderators deleting my postss? I've posted three times in three weeks with links to AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk discount offers on the QP2R. I realise this is a QP1R thread, but as Questyle isn't supporting it any more,I thought it would be of interest.

I would love to see an update to the OS but all devices, regardless of the manufacturer, are eventually orphaned. The support that I and a few other QP1R owners received, was sending our devices back to China, to repair the battery indicator problem. Mine was way out of warranty but the needed repair was still done for free. That was just about a year ago.

Mar 8, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #6,692 of 7,140
The battery problem was from new, so they should fix it out of warranty. Firmware 1.0.9 released November 2017, lowered the volume by 20%, compared to 1.0.8. The person who started this thread (Moedawg140) agrees. Questyle didn't even answer his queries regarding this. The number of units they must have sold because of this thread and even he has been s$%t on!

Questyle has bitten the hand that feeds them. After the release of the QP2R, they didn't give a crap about us.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #6,693 of 7,140
The battery problem was from new, so they should fix it out of warranty. Firmware 1.0.9 released November 2017, lowered the volume by 20%, compared to 1.0.8. The person who started this thread (Moedawg140) agrees. Questyle didn't even answer his queries regarding this. The number of units they must have sold because of this thread and even he has been s$%t on!

Questyle has bitten the hand that feeds them. After the release of the QP2R, they didn't give a **** about us.
The 1R is at least four years old, now. So, I'm not surprised nor particularly upset about it. I never received an indication that they were going to work on my prised feature update for which I lobbied intensly. Design error or not, they really didn't have to do the battery fix at all; but they did. I think the cycle on this player lasted much longer than the 18-month usual one; such as the FiiO X5I,II,III turnover. Incidently, FiiO came out with the folder play-through on their first X5, with no problems.
Although I like the QP1R's sound much more than FiiO's, I think @James FiiO is a topnotch guy who actually talks to his customers. It would have been cool if Dr. Jason (can't remember his last name) dropped in once in awhile. But, Bruce wais a good rep on our side of the world.
In short, I think Questyle's performed adiquitely in general.

Mar 8, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #6,694 of 7,140

Questyle has bitten the hand that feeds them. After the release of the QP2R, they didn't give a **** about us.

I didn't have a battery problem, when I first purchased my 1R and I don't remember the problem turning up, for at least a couple of years. What ever triggered it, the point is, it was fixed.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #6,695 of 7,140
Wow this thread is coming alive again!
My QP1R was replaced two times, a long road. now battery is working fine.
As of customer service I can't say anything bad, they replaced the device without murmuring, disputing or trouble. Just eager to get me an working device.
Two times.
As of firmware updates. Of course would love to get more updates (I especially folder play trough, for playing one artists all stuff in random mode, I miss that from my old guy cowon s9)
That volume stuff 20% I don't care much, ether flow driving loud on 2/3 of volume .
I like the thread showing some vital signs, I don't like the mood / vibe which is send (and language chose) by you Darren, once again. Although I understand frustration when your headphones aren't driven effectively enough with 1.09. it's true, it's a volume drop from 1.08 to 1.09.
Cheers to all of you QP1R owners

Mar 8, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #6,696 of 7,140
Hi
My Battery Charge Indicator is still working great after being repaired. It worked fine when new, but degraded over time until it was stuck on 100% charge regardless.

I could use some help though on a minor issue. I just installed a couple of 400 GB memory cards, which are great, but when I was formatting the cards, I accidentally formatted the QP1R's internal memory. So... I no longer have the DSD sample tracks that came with the player. I thought they sounded pretty good. Anyone have a thought on how I could replace those tracks?

Mar 8, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #6,697 of 7,140
Actually i didnt send my unit for battery repair and the problem is pretty annoying for me, but just it is too much hassle for me sending the unit and getting it back in the same condition while not getting charged for customs again (my government would do that even if it is just a repair)

I wished this would have been solved by some software update even with a simple uniform decrease of the battery percentage even if it is not that accurate, but currently battery percentage is crazy

But anyway i love how it sound .. may be i will just attach a stopwatch to it LOL

Mar 9, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #6,700 of 7,140
Never seen these on my QP1R

Hmm...

They were there from the factory. I got rid of them, so can't help. I bought the Opus3 DSDs of the Stockholm Quartet. But they're gone from the internal.

Well since I didn't remember they were from Opus3, you have helped. I think I've located a download site for an Opus3 DSD Showcase file that might do the trick. Thanks!

Mar 9, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #6,701 of 7,140
Hi
My Battery Charge Indicator is still working great after being repaired. It worked fine when new, but degraded over time until it was stuck on 100% charge regardless.

I could use some help though on a minor issue. I just installed a couple of 400 GB memory cards, which are great, but when I was formatting the cards, I accidentally formatted the QP1R's internal memory. So... I no longer have the DSD sample tracks that came with the player. I thought they sounded pretty good. Anyone have a thought on how I could replace those tracks?

I still have them. If you could pm an email address, I can upload them to One Drive and send you the link.

Mar 20, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #6,703 of 7,140
The LO is both. I have used an optical cable to use the player as a transport, attaching the adapter to an optical cable and then attaching to a DAC. Alternatively you can connect the player for use as a source to an amplifier using a minijack to 2 x RCA cable. Both work well.
Is the 3.5 mm female jack accept a Toslink optical cable terminated in what is referred to as “optical mini” ?

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #6,705 of 7,140

Users who are viewing this thread

Back