Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 26, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #6,107 of 7,140
thanks @esauseesaw for your suggestion regarding the battery indicator issue.

I bought my qp1r (used item) from fujiya avic in japan in a very mint condition including on going warranty from Bic camera (from previous owner) and from fujiya avic as well. Now I'm in Indonesia and since i updated to fw 1.0.9, the battery indicator faced the problem never experienced before. I cant find list of questyle exclusive distributor on questyle website, i wonder if local distributors here would accomodate such service since i didnt buy from them

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #6,108 of 7,140
btw i've tried the full charging-draining cycle and it totally didn't work. getting worse perhaps. draining time was about 10-10.5 hours pairing with um me1 playing mostly mp3 M75-85. it drained very fast when reached 50% and below. Now battery indicator shows 47% when charged from off even after 6 hours of charging time (previously showed 100% after 4.5hours with very slow increase until 45%) though playing time remains normal.

just wanna share my cycle result as it might be useful

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #6,109 of 7,140

I bought my qp1r (used item) from fujiya avic in japan in a very mint condition including on going warranty from Bic camera (from previous owner) and from fujiya avic as well. Now I'm in Indonesia and since i updated to fw 1.0.9, the battery indicator faced the problem never experienced before. I cant find list of questyle exclusive distributor on questyle website, i wonder if local distributors here would accomodate such service since i didnt buy from them
If they're decent folk, they might want to build mutual good will for future business and help you out. If not, well, remember that and try someone else.

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #6,110 of 7,140
If they're decent folk, they might want to build mutual good will for future business and help you out. If not, well, remember that and try someone else.

yes you're right.. so far they are very helpful and having good relationship with their customers.. will ask for some advices from local distributor in my country

Jan 27, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #6,111 of 7,140

Hi, @meowzart can you please PM me your contact details, I can arrange to meet with you next week and have a look at your unit. Rgds, Sid
[PS - I represent Wired For Sound, the exclusive distributor for Questyle in Singapore and Indonesia].

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #6,113 of 7,140
Questyle QP1R, Big Sur RCA interconnect, Bottlehead Crack 1.1 Speedball, and HD650. SWEET!!!

0127181317a.jpg 0126181617a.jpg 0126181508.jpg 0126181259.jpg

Jan 27, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #6,115 of 7,140
I have a dumb question ... If I'm using the optical out ...

Will the settings
'line out volume - Max/Adj'
Or
the actual volume knob

Affect the volume on the optical out?

I'm at work and can't really test this to find out for myself

I just did some testing with the toslink output ... I have the 'line out volume' set to adjustable and the volume knob doesn't effect to volume ... Currently set to 0 ... Saving electricity by not using Amp in unit....

Jan 27, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #6,116 of 7,140
Hi, @meowzart can you please PM me your contact details, I can arrange to meet with you next week and have a look at your unit. Rgds, Sid
[PS - I represent Wired For Sound, the exclusive distributor for Questyle in Singapore and Indonesia].

Hi Sid, thanks for your generous help. I appreciate it much.

PM sent. Thank you!! :)

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #6,118 of 7,140
Anyone know if the battery died can the QP1R still work using external power? ... Use it as an office desktop source
My guess is yes. Try it out and let us know how it goes!

Jan 31, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #6,119 of 7,140
Anyone know if the battery died can the QP1R still work using external power? ... Use it as an office desktop source
I'd be surprised if it would work, as I've used many diferent devices that gradually stopped working plugged in, as the rechargeable battery died. But Moedawg's right. Try it and see.
I know my old Hugo wouldn't work when plugged in until the battery was replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back