Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 2, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #4,036 of 7,140
It's easy to think an issue is bigger than it is in a forum where the focus is on one product. I'm sure Questyle is looking into it as there have already been two firmware updates in the short space of time that I got mine.

To put things into perspective, look at the iPhone which has similar battery issues which Apple actually refuses to acknowledge and it's a magnitude bigger company than questyle.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #4,037 of 7,140
I generally do not let it go below 75-80% or I feel like it might shutoff during use. I don't find it a huge deal to charge it every couple of days. The wheel isnt great either but I really don't care. Bottom line is, if this thing sounds as good as the $4000 AK380 then I'll deal with the software issues and the wheel. I guess I have more tolerance for these issues knowing how good the sound quality is.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #4,038 of 7,140
Yesterday, mine refused to turn on, and the indicator pointed to the 55/60% charge.
I'm gone crazy for a hour, thinking it was dead.
I realized it was a flat battery just when I saw in a moment the indicator go to 8%...
The wheel is not a too big issue for me.
However, I would like to see a way to scroll faster in the album list.

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #4,039 of 7,140
  I generally do not let it go below 75-80% or I feel like it might shutoff during use. I don't find it a huge deal to charge it every couple of days. The wheel isnt great either but I really don't care. Bottom line is, if this thing sounds as good as the $4000 AK380 then I'll deal with the software issues and the wheel. I guess I have more tolerance for these issues knowing how good the sound quality is.

Exactly. I'm taking hits in UI and usability bcos the QP1R SQ is just sooooo gooooood.

Yesterday, mine refused to turn on, and the indicator pointed to the 55/60% charge.
I'm gone crazy for a hour, thinking it was dead.
I realized it was a flat battery just when I saw in a moment the indicator go to 8%...
The wheel is not a too big issue for me.
However, I would like to see a way to scroll faster in the album list.

I've learnt that when in doubt, charge the thing.

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #4,040 of 7,140
  It is incredible that a product that costs $$$$, fails in a so basic function!
If the problem is not software but hardware, this is a really serious issue.

OMG!  Just get a feel for how long you used it in terms of playing time.  My audio bookreader dies within half an hour of saying the level is at anywhere from 40% give or take.  Close your eyes and imagine going through life not knowing how much you have left, and be thankful for the great sound and the slick feel of the unit.  Did you guys buy the unit to watch the battery counter move, or to be moved by the beautiful music it produces.
Try going through life not being taken seriously for no good reason other than perception, and then tell me if this little tiny miniscule, microscopic intangible is a "dealbreaker."  Perspective people.

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #4,041 of 7,140
I had the same issue with the X5.  Worse than the QP, it would turn on and then emit a loud damaging CRACK through the IEMs and shut off.  I didn't feel like sending it back to China.  Luckily, along came QP1r, where there is a competent group in Calif, to look after our needs.

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #4,042 of 7,140
Wait wut?...there's a battery indicator on this thing? LOL, let me get my magnifying glass out and see if I can find it. :)

I just love the sound, nuf said.
beerchug.gif

deadhorse.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #4,044 of 7,140
Every single device is affected with the battery drain issue.
When you get it new from the factory the drain from 100% charge to cut off at 4% remaining charge is accurate linear.
Approximately after 20 ore above loading cycles it gets immediately inaccurate but always in the same manner.

When you charge it full to 100% the drain in the first 8 hours is exactly 5% every hour.
Than you reach the status of 60% remaining charge - now every minute you will drop 1%.
Exactly after 50 minutes the battery indicator shows 10% coloured red an the device automatically turn off.

There is no problem with the capacity of the battery - there is also the whole capacity of approx. 9 hours compared to the new one.
So you should stop using the device at remaining 60% status and recharge again.

I don't believe that Questyle can solve this issue with future firmware upgrades.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #4,045 of 7,140

Qp1r/V5/Andromeda

Hi guys
after a few days it was easy to conclude that.Qp1r not need to AMP for Andromeda
deadhorse.gif

Feb 3, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #4,047 of 7,140
Increased amount of hiss And changes in some tracks was seen In my opinion there was no need Amp But everything was different with u12.

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #4,048 of 7,140
The Andromedas are sensitive. My volume level is at the lowest on various players compared to other IEMs that I used.

I encountered a strange issue last evening. I was listening and charging my QP1R same time and level was at 98%.. After I disconnected the charging usb cable from player, battery indicator was still showing charging with the lightning bolt symbol. I tried to switch off player but it refused to go completely off and still indicated 98% and charging symbol on the black screen. It only went back to normal when I connected it to the computer and it entered mass storage mode. Then I was able to turn off the player.

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #4,049 of 7,140
Basically, yes. Plugging the qp1r for charging always turns it on... as far as I've noticed

This one is no problem: I can see it. :eek:

It's this one that is tough for me to see. :blink:

Sucks getting old. :confused_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back