Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Mar 13, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #1,066 of 7,140
Yep, I have two for mine, Only actually using one at the moment though.
Why wouldn't it work for updates? I use a smaller older card just for convenience sake.

Is anyone using a 200gb card with their QPR1? 

I know it won't work for updates, but does it work for storing music?  

Mar 13, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #1,067 of 7,140

I am using two 200 gb cards and have a 16 gb card that I use for updates.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #1,068 of 7,140

I am using two 200 gb cards and have a 16 gb card that I use for updates.

+1 to this. That way I don't spend 2 hours refilling a 200gb card after using it for the new firmware. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #1,071 of 7,140

+1 to this. That way I don't spend 2 hours refilling a 200gb card after using it for the new firmware. 

Wouldn't putting the file in the root directory of the card wirk? Should be no need to empty the card.

I have not tried that. Next time I will see if that works.

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #1,073 of 7,140
I couldn't swear since I haven't tried. I heard that exFat allows smaller size blocks, hence supposedly more space. But you never know until you try. It was just so that I was so excited when I got my 200GB card that I plugged it, didnt bother to check which formatting I was doing, then filled it up with 130GB of my FLACs (and YES, I know it s a waste of space for on the go purposes but I always dreamed of doing that). And I havent had the courage to reformat and refill, since it s working perfectly that way...

Mar 15, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #1,075 of 7,140
Any updates from Questyle on a new firmware to correct the category view 9999 limit as well as the category artist view problem. Currently artist view shows all songs by that artist numerically instead of sorted by albums.  The player has been out for nearly 5-6 months and a important yet standard use case has been ignored. 

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #1,077 of 7,140
I'm using a 200gb card with no problem.  Questyle says the card must not be formatted.

I formatted my 200GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SDXC Card via QP1R with zero issues.

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #1,078 of 7,140

Interesting and good to know.

Another topic:  do you hear rather loud electrostatic sounding pops when your QP1R changes between songs with different sampling rates?

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #1,079 of 7,140
Interesting and good to know.

Another topic:  do you hear rather loud electrostatic sounding pops when your QP1R changes between songs with different sampling rates?

Sometimes.

I have questions too. Does anyone have problems with not being able to find some songs? My qp1r has not veen able to find some albums and songs within those albums but when I check the storage on my laptop, the filed are clearly there and are able to be played. And yes I have made sure to scan library multiple times

Also, does anyone experience lag? The song cover takes a while to load and the device just lags in general sometimes

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #1,080 of 7,140
Sometimes.

I have questions too. Does anyone have problems with not being able to find some songs? My qp1r has not veen able to find some albums and songs within those albums but when I check the storage on my laptop, the filed are clearly there and are able to be played. And yes I have made sure to scan library multiple times

Also, does anyone experience lag? The song cover takes a while to load and the device just lags in general sometimes

I definitely experience the kinds of lags you mention.  They seem quite long sometimes.

I haven't had the exact experience you mention finding albums and songs, but I there are a couple of artists/songs that yield the message 'format not supported' when the QP1R shuffles to them.  If I play the album in its entirety in the regular sequence, the songs play just fine.  I assume there is a weird quirk in the OS that causes this problem, but I don't know why it seems limited to the same artist/songs.  I suppose it could also be the way the songs were originally copied to the SD card.  I've never tried deleting them and then copying the files again from my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back