Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 20, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #827 of 7,140
Cool, are Questyle exhibiting? Expected Marshall, Gibson snd Fender! Are you involved with Questyle in promoting? Enjoy.

Yes they are, hope they will have the gold DAC/amps to try.  Hopefully I can get to listen to the Fender lineup in a couple of days (and Westones for sure).  I am not currently involved with Questyle in promoting (it sure would be nice!).  Thanks, hope to have a great time! 
bigsmile_face.gif
 (just noticed that's a lot of "hopes"!)

Questyle will be at NAMM Showcasing in Hall B booth #5712 with Westone!

Looking forward to seeing you again! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #828 of 7,140

Finally got my replacement QP1R. This one works and plays all files (the first one would only play DSD). It came with fw 1.04 and I haven't had any crashes so far.

The wheel on the new one is much better also. The first one was essentially unusable, this one actually turns. Sonic impressions to follow...

I finally did this. Purchased a ipod classic screen protector. Used only the wheel protector. Cut the inner circle around 1.5mm all round so that it did not stick on the button. Voila! The wheel works perfectly now. Totally no slip. Just the right grip and the finger slides just enough that it feels totally natural. Wheel functions as it should have from the start!  Note to all. Pretty difficult to get a smooth nice circle cut on the internal of the protector

Jan 21, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #829 of 7,140
Is there a software limit to the number of files that the media scan will add to the QP1R library? I have about 15,000 tracks on mine and when I do the manual media scan it stops at 5800. Couldn't find anything in the user manual about it. I'm using the latest firmware (1.0.4). Thanks for any help I can get.

5,800 is the present limit.  The FiiO X5 had the same limit which was eventually fixed with an upgrade.  I've no doubt the limit will be cracked.

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #837 of 7,140
It is. Can't see how anyone could drive HD650's like in the original review.

Have you personally tried the combination? If not, then I would appreciate trying it out first before stating an assumption like that.

Thank you in advance.

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #839 of 7,140
Just going on how hard they were to drive when I owned them with a FiiO X5ii/E12A combination compared to the same setup with the Shure's. So although I have not tried the HD650s with the QP1R, I would hardly call it an assumption.

Does the FiiO X5II and or the E12A utilize Current Mode Amplification? If not, then my point about you assuming still stands. I would appreciate trying it out first before stating assumptions. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back