Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 27, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #5,731 of 7,140
Hey guys,

I've been testing out the newest firmware (that will be released to the public in the near future) - paired it with the Ultimate Ears 18+ Pro, and I sent Mr. Ball my feedback. My main request for future QP1R update(s) is for the 60 unit volume maximum to return, as the 60 volume units are great to use - as I can select gains of L, M, and/or H whenever I want to listen to anything, especially very sensitive in-ears like the Campfire Audio Andromeda or Shure SE846. The battery incidator is still an issue, but I choose to recharge my DAP(s) after an hour or couple of hours of listening, to keep everything charged and good to go.

With regards to the past few pages I've read, we should all learn to get along, is my opinion. I am still recovering from my crainotomy (brain surgery), but definitely want to keep things positive as long as we possibly can. I wouldn't want to witness the closure of this collectively awesome thread, as we can choose to unsubscribe (any thread), sell any DAP/audio product we would like, or sanguinely keep discussions civil and encouragingly positive.

Happy Holidays, and much love. Stay blessed!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #5,732 of 7,140
Darren, please arrange to have your player serviced. Questyle Audio stands behind our products and will do whatever it takes to resolve your issue.

The problem is neither dealer or Questyle rep responded to email asking for my QP1R to be serviced, probably dead battery.
How's that for Questyle or dealer customer service?

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #5,737 of 7,140
Hey guys,

I've been testing out the newest firmware (that will be released to the public in the near future) - paired it with the Ultimate Ears 18+ Pro, and I sent Mr. Ball my feedback. My main request for future QP1R update(s) is for the 60 unit volume maximum to return, as the 60 volume units are great to use - as I can select gains of L, M, and/or H whenever I want to listen to anything, especially very sensitive in-ears like the Campfire Audio Andromeda or Shure SE846. The battery incidator is still an issue, but I choose to recharge my DAP(s) after an hour or couple of hours of listening, to keep everything charged and good to go.

With regards to the past few pages I've read, we should all learn to get along, is my opinion. I am still recovering from my crainotomy (brain surgery), but definitely want to keep things positive as long as we possibly can. I wouldn't want to witness the closure of this collectively awesome thread, as we can choose to unsubscribe (any thread), sell any DAP/audio product we would like, or sanguinely keep discussions civil and encouragingly positive.

Happy Holidays, and much love. Stay blessed!
Man, get better. I just checked in after not being in this forum for some time and am bummed. All the best.
The battery thing is a non starter for me as well. All my DAPs sound the best before they run low so I keep them topped up. When they start out full, they last the day for any use I have for them.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #5,738 of 7,140
Man, get better. I just checked in after not being in this forum for some time and am bummed. All the best.
The battery thing is a non starter for me as well. All my DAPs sound the best before they run low so I keep them topped up. When they start out full, they last the day for any use I have for them.
Thanks, appreciate the comments. I feel like there is no other choice than to be optimistic and stay disciplined. And of course grateful and blessed as well.

Nov 28, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #5,742 of 7,140
As the battery seems to stay as an issue even with 1.09, Is it possible to get some information from Questyle on the process as of now. Is the reason for inaccuracy known? Is it hard to get it "located" or fixed? Is there a realistic possibility that it will get fixed in the future? It seems that so much time passed without success on this topic, it won't happen anymore. I could live with that and move along.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back