Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Nov 3, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #421 of 7,140

1st post: (Q4) Ordering the QP1R.

Bruce Ball (VP of Questyle USA) is an awesome guy, and both Bruce and Gary are very knowledgeable about audio in general as well.  Which color were you going to purchase?

My bad @moedawg140. Somehow I still keep missing basic first page info (I must be getting senile). Apologies for rehashing more questions after all your hard work.

I knew the info had to be there somewhere but its difficult for me personally to re-read it each time I need more info (even with your thorough outline system; again this is on me; just gonna start studying it daily). I would print it out book style (if that's ok) but I also see its ever evolving with your updates too.

Instead I did a crtl-f search through the review looking for words like "buy" or "purchase" or even a "$."  Didn't, however, check for the word "order" which is where the info was.

But I did get the distributor/purchase contact # from Questyle's site and it was Bruce Ball who called me back. Said he uses google voice away from office to avoid missing calls. A bit unusual (at first) for a global manufacturer of a premium product but makes sense. They're no doubt a smaller, newer, North American branch of Questyle and sounds like things are moving/growing at a fast pace; perhaps faster than they planned or were prepared for due to QP1R's praises and demand. Good to know Mr. Ball is at least willing to receive calls when and wherever.

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #422 of 7,140
You're good, @gr8soundz!  Yeah, pretty much check the table of contents and if anything isn't there with regards to a particular request (and it is appropriate for the review), I can add it in.

What is/will be your QP1R color choice? (in case you didn't see the question the first time 
normal_smile .gif
).

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #423 of 7,140
  You're good, @gr8soundz!  Yeah, pretty much check the table of contents and if anything isn't there with regards to a particular request (and it is appropriate for the review), I can add it in.

What is/will be your QP1R color choice? (in case you didn't see the question the first time 
normal_smile .gif
).

Haven't ordered yet for few reasons:

1. Not sure if I'd want silver or gold; wanna avoid buyer remorse for color choice.

2. Might prefer to sell my iBasso R10 first but have doubts how much improvement I'd personally hear with the Questyle since neither lack power.

3. Price. The R version is $300 more which rehashes yet another question/debate.

Best thing would be to hear the Questyle in person first but I don't really go to meets due to my health. Been buying stuff this past year based solely on reviews which can be tricky. Less of a risk with the Questyle after all the positive feedback on it's sound quality but I still tread carefully at $899.

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #424 of 7,140
Nov 4, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #425 of 7,140
I'm using seveal SanDisk Ultra 128GB micro SDXC card with the QP1R. They were purchased directly from Amazon, not a sub seller. So I think these are legit. I formatted them through the QP1R. As I add folders to the cards data space is of course removed from the balance but when I remove folders from the card I don't gain any space back. It's like there's a ghost data but can't be removed from the card. I have 60 GB of music folders but only 12 gig space left. The card is formatted at fat 32 and for some strange reason it says it was created in 1969. Anyone else using this SanDisk show a created 1969 date when did you get info about the card via their computer.?

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #426 of 7,140
I'm using seveal SanDisk Ultra 128GB micro SDXC card with the QP1R. They were purchased directly from Amazon, not a sub seller. So I think these are legit. I formatted them through the QP1R. As I add folders to the cards data space is of course removed from the balance but when I remove folders from the card I don't gain any space back. It's like there's a ghost data but can't be removed from the card. I have 60 GB of music folders but only 12 gig space left. The card is formatted at fat 32 and for some strange reason it says it was created in 1969. Anyone else using this SanDisk show a created 1969 date when did you get info about the card via their computer.?

Run FAKEFLASHTEST and let us know your results.

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #427 of 7,140

Is it def 1969 as normally show 1 Jan 1970 as January 1st 1970 is the "epoch" date in unix systems, i.e, the beginning of time. So if the creation date is blank or zero, you end up with January 1st 1970.
Same on MAC as well, that not an issue despite what some may say.
I think the formatting in the QPR may be the issue not the card . Format the card on your MAC and see how you get on the QPR formatting is perhaps screwing up the partition.

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #428 of 7,140

Is it def 1969 as normally show 1 Jan 1970 as January 1st 1970 is the "epoch" date in unix systems, i.e, the beginning of time. So if the creation date is blank or zero, you end up with January 1st 1970.
Same on MAC as well, that not an issue despite what some may say.
I think the formatting in the QPR may be the issue not the card . Format the card on your MAC and see how you get on the QPR formatting is perhaps screwing up the partition.

I've experienced a similar situation as @Vangelis where there seemed to be ghost data, however, I did not have any usable capacity after around 2GB of stored capacity.  I have used the QP1R formatting with my SanDisk and experienced zero issues, as that is the type of formatting that should be the most optimal for the card; the type that will be used in the QP1R.  I am leaning towards finding out what the FAKEFLASHTEST's results are, rather than an error with regards to the QP1R's formatting - but who really knows for 100% certain.  It will be interesting to read @Vangelis' FAKEFLASHTEST's results.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #429 of 7,140
Subscribed!  The QP1R is one of the two daps, I am looking to buy as my first (upgrade from iPhone 6+). The other is the new Onkyo DP-X1. This review may push me to the QP1R.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #430 of 7,140
I'm one of those (old guys) and barly functional on my MAC which translates into, not very technical. I did a search on FAKEFLASHTEST's and all I found were for PC. Most software is designed for those with a high level of computer competence, for me it might as well be written in Latin. Do you know of one that is simplified and for MAC?

Nov 4, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #431 of 7,140
Where is the best place to purchase this in the United States?

Nov 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #433 of 7,140
  Subscribed!  The QP1R is one of the two daps, I am looking to buy as my first (upgrade from iPhone 6+). The other is the new Onkyo DP-X1. This review may push me to the QP1R.

Welcome!  
beerchug.gif

I'm one of those (old guys) and barly functional on my MAC which translates into, not very technical. I did a search on FAKEFLASHTEST's and all I found were for PC. Most software is designed for those with a high level of computer competence, for me it might as well be written in Latin. Do you know of one that is simplified and for MAC?

Maybe you can have a friend or loved one conduct the FAKEFLASHTEST on their PC for you and report the results, since I do not currently see a version for the Macintosh OS'.

Where is the best place to purchase this in the United States?

A couple of options to purchase in the United States are headphoneaudiophile.com (a company that has happy customers is awesome), and The Source A/V in Torrance, CA.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #434 of 7,140

It sounds like you have data erase protection on your Mac. You may need to "Empty" your "Trash" to reclaim that space.

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #435 of 7,140
  It sounds like you have data erase protection on your Mac. You may need to "Empty" your "Trash" to reclaim that space.

Thanks for the information!  Would like to find out what the solution winds up being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back