Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Feb 25, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #4,187 of 7,140
It was a mostly tongue in cheek comment - audio is my relaxation from my job and lifestyle in the real world, so it isn't actually causing any stress, trust me. It's just a crazy design considering the high quality of the other ergonomics and the stellar SQ. Still, better it sounds good and works a little funny than the other way around!

I received the machine with the new click wheel.  It seems to work fine, but you need to be careful to keep your finger in the middle.  Otherwise, you brush and activate the buttons.  If you are having problems, lick your finger, and wipe it dry.  That works great.

Feb 25, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #4,188 of 7,140
Feb 25, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #4,189 of 7,140
It was a mostly tongue in cheek comment - audio is my relaxation from my job and lifestyle in the real world, so it isn't actually causing any stress, trust me. It's just a crazy design considering the high quality of the other ergonomics and the stellar SQ. Still, better it sounds good and works a little funny than the other way around!
I get you it is a bit wonky but sounds so good. Could it be better you bet but for the money very very hard to beat IMHO in sound quality.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #4,190 of 7,140
I think a Pelican 1120 will work perfect for what I want to put in with my QP1R. Just ordered it in blue.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #4,191 of 7,140
I just hooked this player into Logitech's best 5.1 speakers with optical line out. It sounds amazing.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #4,192 of 7,140
Do any veteran owners on here have any good stress-management techniques for dealing with scroll-when related mental tension? One day in and the sound is fantastic but using the wheel compared to something like the X5ii is like trying to hit a dartboard in the dark with both your hands stapled to your forehead. Who designed this thing?!

How about the stress of being a blind dude and trying to use the X5, not knowing where you are in the UI?  The QP1R has tactile response, you don't have to use the wheel and the QP doesn't emit a horiffic CRACK when you try to turn it on.

Feb 25, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #4,193 of 7,140
Do any veteran owners on here have any good stress-management techniques for dealing with scroll-when related mental tension? One day in and the sound is fantastic but using the wheel compared to something like the X5ii is like trying to hit a dartboard in the dark with both your hands stapled to your forehead. Who designed this thing?!

Oops!  I really should read on before responding.  Better pull out my QP and Angies to get a little stress reduction.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #4,195 of 7,140
How do you know if you are buying the new QP1R version? 

Go to...

www.moon-audio.com/questyle-audio-qp1r-digital-audio-player-dap.html

The price will show as $999 and it will say wheel fix right in the product description near the top.

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #4,196 of 7,140
Go to...

www.moon-audio.com/questyle-audio-qp1r-digital-audio-player-dap.html

The price will show as $999 and it will say wheel fix right in the product description near the top.

Thx for that info Quadfather, however I am in the UK so am seeing any reference to the update on the websites I am looking at.
PS, you ever play Quake? Quadfather! Excellent clan name for Quake. LOL.

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #4,197 of 7,140
  Hey guys, just made this post in the other thread but next week for those making out to The Source AV event I will be bringing out a new wheel QP1R and an old version QP1R for those who want to hear and compare.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/807600/cavalli-audio-presents-the-source-av-s-summer-series-2016/405#post_13263449

Still haven't heard a decision on how to approach a upgrade path but I have been passing along the suggestions we receive.

Hi @Netforce If I were to look to buy one of these in the UK, how would I know I was getting the new version QP1R? As you are aware, there are a lot of places to buy one, so just asking.......

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #4,198 of 7,140
LOL. I have 17 year old quadruplets. Two boys and two girls with an older sister. I am sorry, but I am not sure, short of calling customer service lines of online retailers in the UK.

Feb 25, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #4,199 of 7,140
LOL. I have 17 year old quadruplets. Two boys and two girls with an older sister. I am sorry comma I am not sure short of calling customer service lines of online retailers in the UK what the indication of the Wheel Fix would be there.

Haha. Brilliant! Quads indeed! Just reading your name took me back to a happy place years ago with my clan mates at the time. How I miss my old dial up connection! NOT!
My mate and I both had ISDN lines installed....... blimey, I was off on a long post then, sorry.

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #4,200 of 7,140
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back