Review: Portable amp roundup! 56 portable amps reviewed and compared - FINAL update 12-20-10 added RSA SR-71B
Aug 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #2,791 of 3,234
Aug 19, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #2,792 of 3,234
Great review skylab!

My portable excitement is back. What I can read from your review is too good to be true. I never scored such result in my exam before. lol.

Hopefully local shop will have a demo unit to be audition soon.

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #2,793 of 3,234
My wallet is hiding in a corner and whimpering. 
biggrin.gif

Must coax it out one more time...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Aug 19, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #2,794 of 3,234
Oh head-fi, bullying and extorting money from your wallet since 2001.

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #2,796 of 3,234
Another very useful review Skylab.

So what is balanced ground topology - is the stepdance a balanced amp or is it still SE?

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #2,797 of 3,234
You can read extensively about balanced ground on the Meier website on the page for the Symphony amp. It's still an SE amp from a connection standpoint.

Aug 20, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #2,798 of 3,234

Quote:
You can read extensively about balanced ground on the Meier website on the page for the Symphony amp. It's still an SE amp from a connection standpoint.

So it is a SE physical connection but work like Balanced virtually? 

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #2,799 of 3,234
That is my basic understanding of the principle, yes, but I am not really qualified to discuss the merits of the design from a purely engineering perspective.  I just know I have very much liked the performance of Meier amps that employed it.

Aug 20, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #2,801 of 3,234
Unfortunately impossible to say without being able to compare directly.  Sorry!

Aug 21, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #2,802 of 3,234

Hello Skylab,im new on this,i live in europe,I want thank you for your reviews,really a beautiful reading,just i received my E7 from fiio, but i always read,about others portable amps,after reading a lot,i have some pretenders for next updates in my rig,i want ask you,your opinion,well,the pretenders are,RSA Mustang P-51,RSA SR71,Qables iQube,Meier Audio Stepdance,im your opinion what of this are better to match whit beyer both 250Ω and 600Ω,i read you dont have any IEM so dont ask you about,maybe are better options iqube and meier because i live in europe,avoid taxes for import from RSA,thanks.  
L3000.gif

sorry if dont write correctly,english is not my mattern language.Skylab,im new on this,i live in europe,I want thank you for your reviews,really a beautiful reading,just i received my E7 from fiio, but i always read,about others portable amps,after reading a lot,i have some pretenders for next updates in my rig,i want ask you,your opinion,well,the pretenders are,RSA Mustang P-51,RSA SR71,Qables iQube,Meier Audio Stepdance,im your opinion what of this are better to match whit beyer both 250Ω and 600Ω,i read you dont have any IEM so dont ask you about,maybe are better options iqube and meier because i live in europe,avoid taxes for import from RSA,thanks.
sorry if dont write correctly,english is not my mattern language.Hello Skylab,im new on this,i live in europe,I want thank you for your reviews,really a beautiful reading,just i received my E7 from fiio, but i always read,about others portable amps,after reading a lot,i have some pretenders for next updates in my rig,i want ask you,your opinion,well,the pretenders are,RSA Mustang P-51,RSA SR71,Qables iQube,Meier Audio Stepdance,im your opinion what of this are better to match whit beyer both 250Ω and 600Ω,i read you dont have any IEM so dont ask you about,maybe are better options iqube and meier because i live in europe,avoid taxes for import from RSA,thanks.
sorry if dont write correctly,english is not my mattern language.

Aug 21, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #2,803 of 3,234
Yes, I would suggest either the Meier or the iQube, since you are in Europe.  I think the Stepdance is a bit of a better sonic match for Beyers.

Aug 21, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #2,805 of 3,234

Can Stepdance drive T1 well too?
Quote:
Yes, I would suggest either the Meier or the iQube, since you are in Europe.  I think the Stepdance is a bit of a better sonic match for Beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back