Review of the Little-Dot MKII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Feb 28, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #466 of 659
I noticed something odd after I switched driver tubes today.  I swapped the stock ones for a pair of 6HM5s  ANd now, when I turn the amp on, one of the tubes glow super bright for about a second and then goes back to "normal".  The other one does it too but doesn't go nearly as bright as the first one.

I didn't notice this on the stock 6J1s.  Is what I described above normal?  Or something wrong with the tubes?

Feb 28, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #467 of 659
  I noticed something odd after I switched driver tubes today.  I swapped the stock ones for a pair of 6HM5s  ANd now, when I turn the amp on, one of the tubes glow super bright for about a second and then goes back to "normal".  The other one does it too but doesn't go nearly as bright as the first one.

I didn't notice this on the stock 6J1s.  Is what I described above normal?  Or something wrong with the tubes?

yes its normal mine also do this its a feature in the tube to heat it up faster 

Apr 21, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #469 of 659
How is the LD MK2 compared to the darkvoice 336 in terms of sound? try to find
an answer to this question in this thread but couldn't find it..

I'm asking mainly because the LD MK2 is about 100$ cheaper then the DV 336SE, so
i wonder if it's worth the extra money..

i already have the schiit stack, so it's most important that the overall sound will be different..

an answer/opinion will be greatly appreciated! 

Jul 15, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #471 of 659
Just bought one of the ld mk2, waiting for it to deliver in a few days. Im, well completely lost. Never had tube anything. So, how long do tubes last, and will eventually will we be all screwed if no one makes tubes anymore? Lol
Also curious about tube rolling.

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #472 of 659
Just bought one of the ld mk2, waiting for it to deliver in a few days. Im, well completely lost. Never had tube anything. So, how long do tubes last, and will eventually will we be all screwed if no one makes tubes anymore? Lol
Also curious about tube rolling.

Go to the Littledot tube rolling guide thread plenty of infos there also on page 77 are some of the tubes we rolled also on page 1 of the same thread i suggest reading the thread from the end thats where the better tubes we tried are, probably the last 100 pages tubes like the 6HM5 ,6SN7as power tubes with adapters and others .Tubes will last some up to 5000 hours some less you never really know when they will stop working .They is new tubes being made but the better ones are the NOS tubes (new old stock ) here's the link to the thread                                                                       http://www.head-fi.org/t/563884/little-dot-tube-amps-vacuum-tube-rolling-guide/10305#post_12740876                      

Jul 27, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #473 of 659
Go to the Littledot tube rolling guide thread plenty of infos there also on page 77 are some of the tubes we rolled also on page 1 of the same thread i suggest reading the thread from the end thats where the better tubes we tried are, probably the last 100 pages tubes like the 6HM5 ,6SN7as power tubes with adapters and others .Tubes will last some up to 5000 hours some less you never really know when they will stop working .They is new tubes being made but the better ones are the NOS tubes (new old stock ) here's the link to the thread                                                                       http://www.head-fi.org/t/563884/little-dot-tube-amps-vacuum-tube-rolling-guide/10305#post_12740876                      

I did check it out...... And i have a fleet of ancient Ilyushins slowly buzzing over a bunch of tubes(actually im sure US customs are dragging their feet as usual, vs the Russian customs that blitz packages through). Even low balling on a 2000 hr average..... Heh i have enough tubes to last me 27 years. :flushed: Not including the Raytheon 5654's i have on way, and the GE 5654w's i just got in. So far ive heard the stock chinese tubes which sound better than any HP amp i have, and the Raytheon pair of drive tubes which made my SS-50's, A900x, and DT-990 pros sing like ive never heard before. Cant wait to get in the Russian power tubes.

Jul 27, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #474 of 659

I did check it out...... And i have a fleet of ancient Ilyushins slowly buzzing over a bunch of tubes(actually im sure US customs are dragging their feet as usual, vs the Russian customs that blitz packages through). Even low balling on a 2000 hr average..... Heh i have enough tubes to last me 27 years. :flushed: Not including the Raytheon 5654's i have on way, and the GE 5654w's i just got in. So far ive heard the stock chinese tubes which sound better than any HP amp i have, and the Raytheon pair of drive tubes which made my SS-50's, A900x, and DT-990 pros sing like ive never heard before. Cant wait to get in the Russian power tubes.

Why all the questions if you know everything?

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #476 of 659
Hey guys, 

I'm tempted to buy one of these.

The sellers listing claims:

This is little Dot new model of MK II,and it Has the following improvements:

1, using the SEPP single-ended push-pull circuit, the output dynamic range and sound quality better than using cathode output;
2, the selected materials have been optimized: ALPS-16 potentiometer, NICHICON filter capacitor, WIMA / ERO coupling capacitance, etc;
3, the new circuit design makes the machine to reduce the heat capacity;

4, the shell is made of a secondary oxidation process, better surface finish and texture.
5, modify the preamp output circuit, reducing the output impedance, with a load capacity stronger. 

How "new" is this new model? Are the differences really that dramatic compared to the older models?

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #477 of 659
  Hey guys, 

I'm tempted to buy one of these.

The sellers listing claims:

How "new" is this new model? Are the differences really that dramatic compared to the older models?

Hey mate, just order it directly from Little Dot, unless you are planning to buy a pre-owned unit. If you have any questions just send and email to David at Little Dot.

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #478 of 659
  Hey mate, just order it directly from Little Dot, unless you are planning to buy a pre-owned unit. If you have any questions just send and email to David at Little Dot.

Thanks mate!

Hmm.. It would take considerably longer though, as we are able to buy them from Sydney (via eBay) brand new.

What is the advantage of going direct via Little Dot?

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #479 of 659

Thanks mate!

Hmm.. It would take considerably longer though, as we are able to buy them from Sydney (via eBay) brand new.

What is the advantage of going direct via Little Dot?

Direct from manufacturer and they ship via  DHL from HK which will take about 3 days to Sydney. I got my amp in 3 days  and I live in regional VIC. 

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #480 of 659
  Direct from manufacturer and they ship via  DHL from HK which will take about 3 days to Sydney. I got my amp in 3 days  and I live in regional VIC. 

Oh yikes, that is REALLY fast. I am also in Vic, so that interests me greatly.

I just checked it out - seems to be $20 higher if I go direct (which is really odd).

How are you finding your amp? What cans do you use with it most? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back