Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler
Jul 30, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #241 of 260
And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. There isn't one earphone to rule them all. Everyone has their own preferences :)

They wow'd me because they offer up Titan 1 level of performance at half the price, though not without some sacrifices (packaging, accessories, materials, etc.). I would love to hear those other earphones ThickT mentioned against the FXH30 as I have a hard time believing it would take down $300-500 products. It did hold up well vs. the FLC 8S though,so you never know.

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #242 of 260
Well, let's put it this way:

Upon first listen, the fxh30 made me think "wow, these sounds Friggin amazing"

A week later and I'm compelled enough to give it praise on head-fi.

Asg 1plus,ie80,fxz200,fx850,noble 4,rockets,forte.... while good products, not a single one had me saying "wow, these sounds amazing" after my first listen like the fxh30 did. They also never compelled me to write about them on head-fi.

If saying a $30 earphone kills $500 stuff is too hard to believe, how about I say that the level of sonic enjoyment I get from this $30-50 earphone exceeds that of the afore mentioned sets. It truly does.

Some products are growers, meaning after enough time, the signature will eventually win you over or otherwise impress you. These fxh30 are show-ers, meaning it's instantaneously impressive.

I'm not saying those others are bad sounding, but what i am saying is they definitely do not sound better. Different? Sure. Better? Not in my opinion.

Jul 31, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #244 of 260
Wow E Earphone pulled through! Managed to get my FXH30 RMA'ed and back today! They've been wonderful, a must-go when visiting Japan!

Aug 1, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #246 of 260
@RedTwilight Congrats! That's awesome news
smily_headphones1.gif
Hopefully you like them enough for it to have been worth the hassle, haha.

Haha thanks! They really are very nice, just that they sound a little less bodied for now, as I've been listening to the LZ A2 for the past few days. The bass is nice and punchy and very detailed. Adn even with the extra shipping to and fro, they still cost less than if I'd tried to get them locally haha..

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #247 of 260
Just got mine today after my HA-FRD80 broke (3 years of musical bliss gone, just like that. Gonna rewire them soon). Gotta say, I'm seriously liking these. They aren't as good as the 80's imo, but still, very good. Ah, I missed JVC's sound sig. I do wish they had the same metal build as the 80/70/60. They feel much less durable, though I do like the light weight when I'm wearing them. Very comfy

My new go to.

Aug 5, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #248 of 260
If saying a $30 earphone kills $500 stuff is too hard to believe, how about I say that the level of sonic enjoyment I get from this $30-50 earphone exceeds that of the afore mentioned sets. It truly does.

Where'd you get them at that price range?
Everything I find is above $60. One of the reasons I don't mind buying it used if I can find them at around $30.

Aug 6, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #249 of 260

Where'd you get them at that price range?
Everything I find is above $60. One of the reasons I don't mind buying it used if I can find them at around $30.

I paid $73 for mine shipped. I'd say they're worth it around that price. Certainly a very enjoyable little earphone.

I think I'm liking these more than the FRD-80 now. Though I'm 70% sure that's just because these are new and I'm still in the honeymoon phase with them. Gonna have to wait until I'm done with the new wire to compare the two properly. 

Glad I took a chance and put the money down on these. God bless JVC lol.   :p

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #253 of 260

Quite a fair point about the sound signature. One of the reasons for trying them was that I am intrigued by these Japanse IEMs. I was finally able to procure a pair of Yamaha EPH-100 and its on its way. Next up on mind was one of the JVC models. I had my eye on the FXT90 and FXD80. Which is when I chanced on your review and you describe the FXH-30 as being superior to the other two. 

I am looking for an IEM with smooth trebles albeit without losing details , mid-centric and tight punchy bass. Any recommendations ?

Sep 17, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #255 of 260
Congrats on the EPH-100. Hoping to pick up a pair at a decent price eventually.

The price is definitely what's keeping me from trying that EPH-100 too. I really like the presentation of the FXT90 but couldn't handle to treble and wanted more low end bass.
I love sub-bass. 
But until then, I just picked up the fxt90 again pending the time I can afford the fxh30 or someone wants to trade. I'll try to get used to the treble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back