Review of the JVC HA-FXH30 by B9Scrambler
Jun 22, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #226 of 260

Hmm if you're put off by hot treble I wouldnt necessarily recommend the FXH30. However, most people here inc B9 would probably disagree. When I had my pair they showed a nasty peak to my ears in one of the higher frequencies. Sadly I cant remember exactly which region.

Saying the above I dont think the bass in the Tenores is non-existent. I think the Tenores are pretty balanced while still remaining fun. Especially if you use the dual-flanges recommended in the thread.

In terms of suggestions for trying out IEMs I'd say give OnePlus Icons a go.

thanks for the suggestion.  I am thinking due to my small ear canals that the fit might be problematic with the downward hanging frame on the oneplus.  Sticking with my JVC HA-FXT100 for now after trying the excellent sounding ATH E40 (again fit issues) that had to be sold.

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #227 of 260
thanks for the suggestion.  I am thinking due to my small ear canals that the fit might be problematic with the downward hanging frame on the oneplus.  Sticking with my JVC HA-FXT100 for now after trying the excellent sounding ATH E40 (again fit issues) that had to be sold.

I would be less concerned about hot treble and more treble spikes if that's something that bugs you. Most JVCs seem to have spikes in the same spots, so I'm guessing you would be fine with these since your using an FXT atm.That said, the nozzles are thick and since you have small ear canals looking elsewhere is advised.

FiiO EX1 or Dunu Titan 1 could be good though. Very similar sound but not quite as treble tilted. Can also add foamies to tame if needed.

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #228 of 260
I would be less concerned about hot treble and more treble spikes if that's something that bugs you. Most JVCs seem to have spikes in the same spots, so I'm guessing you would be fine with these since your using an FXT atm.That said, the nozzles are thick and since you have small ear canals looking elsewhere is advised.

FiiO EX1 or Dunu Titan 1 could be good though. Very similar sound but not quite as treble tilted. Can also add foamies to tame if needed.

I appreciate the suggestions.  I am afraid these would have similar fit issues for me as the Audio Technica.  Since the nozzles on the AT and the Fiio/Dunu are short that leaves the large diameter housing to hit the edges of ear canal opening preventing a decent seal for me. 

The reason the FXT100s work is because the body is so darn small it can allow the nozzle to seat a bit further in the ear canal without having the body stop because of a large diameter. 

I think because of my particular ear geometry, I need either longer nozzles or smaller housings.  Funny, I have the opposite problem with over the ears since my top to bottom measurement is about 67mm, making a fit in many pads impossible without folding a bit. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #229 of 260
I appreciate the suggestions.  I am afraid these would have similar fit issues for me as the Audio Technica.  Since the nozzles on the AT and the Fiio/Dunu are short that leaves the large diameter housing to hit the edges of ear canal opening preventing a decent seal for me. 

The reason the FXT100s work is because the body is so darn small it can allow the nozzle to seat a bit further in the ear canal without having the body stop because of a large diameter. 

I think because of my particular ear geometry, I need either longer nozzles or smaller housings.  Funny, I have the opposite problem with over the ears since my top to bottom measurement is about 67mm, making a fit in many pads impossible without folding a bit.  :D

I actually have the same issue and compensate by using large sized tips. Super shallow but secure seal, perching them right on the outer edges of my ear canal :D

Maybe the NarMoo S1 would be good? Strong bass, vibrant highs, good detail and clarity. Housing is thick but long and the insertion is about the same as the FXT90 which similar dimensions to the FXT100. Theyre getting a little older now, but I still think they're a competitive buy.

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #230 of 260
I actually have the same issue and compensate by using large sized tips. Super shallow but secure seal, perching them right on the outer edges of my ear canal
biggrin.gif

Maybe the NarMoo S1 would be good? Strong bass, vibrant highs, good detail and clarity. Housing is thick but long and the insertion is about the same as the FXT90 which similar dimensions to the FXT100. Theyre getting a little older now, but I still think they're a competitive buy.

That is exactly what I had to do with the ATH e40s.  Went two sizes up from the smallest tips.  While I got good seal, the body still made the fit fiddly. 

and thanks for the Narmoo suggestion.  I think that is the model I bought my son.  They only lasted 2 months, haha.  He has a habit of breaking headphones rather quickly, so I got him the Takstar over ears to replace his broken Panny over the ears.  They have held up, so far.

I have some spinfit tips coming to see if they enhance the JVCs.  Then I guess I will resume the search.  I have a few dacs in house right now that are calling me. 

Jun 23, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #232 of 260
How the heck did he break a NarMoo?!? Those things are bullet proof. Wow...

I've had mine for a couple years now. They still look nearly brand new and are treated as a pocket special, lol.

I should send you a pic of the Panasonic headband that cracked in half.,  hahaha.

Actually I think it was a cable issue on the Narmoo.  Hey, between him and his sister, they have managed to ruin about 6 cell phones over the last 4-5 years.  Me, knock on wood, have not ruined any over the last 30+ years

Jun 28, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #233 of 260

I should send you a pic of the Panasonic headband that cracked in half.,  hahaha.

Actually I think it was a cable issue on the Narmoo.  Hey, between him and his sister, they have managed to ruin about 6 cell phones over the last 4-5 years.  Me, knock on wood, have not ruined any over the last 30+ years

Perhaps something more.. robust would fit the bill:

http://www.lendmeurears.com/alpha-delta-ad01-silver-upgrade-cable/

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #234 of 260

Agree, my apologies. No idea why I said hot treble lol

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #236 of 260
  does anyone still have these iems that wants to get rid of them? 
I'm interested in buying

I would but shipping is very troublesome here. Thats the only thing thats stopping me

Jul 11, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #237 of 260

Yea.. They nicely replied that they would honour the 

Yea man.. They nicely replied that they would honour the warranty but I would need to pay for shipping there and freight forward it back as they can't ship out of Japan. 

That or if any of my friends who are going to Japan can pop by and help me get an exchange.. Extra trouble for them though.. Unless they're already looking to get a new pair of IEMS from E Earphone.. 
redface.gif

As a follow up, e earphone was nice enough to offer to exchange even though I had just passed the initial exchange period (14 days, was lost in translation).

The caveat was that they can't ship overseas so I needed to use freight forwarding to get them back.

Does anyone from SG want to get a pair? You can tag along and we can split the shipping from the freight forwarder.

Jul 29, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #238 of 260
I would just like to stop by and say, this earphone is extremely impressive. The entire sound spectrum is on point. Not one area is even close to disappointing in the slightest way.

I would place this earphone ahead of MANY more expensive sets. The bass is seriously something to behold. It reaches very low and has such a tight and detailed sound. It's punchy and boosted in just the right way. I can't wait to amp them.

I compared them to my jvc fxz200, looking to see how the bass would fare, I was not expecting the results I heard:

No question, the fxz200 has more quantity. Its got more rumble. That's it's though. The fxh30 kills it in detail, punch, range, control, tone ... seriously I cant even tell you how much of a night and day difference there is in the QUALITY of the bass/sub bass.

Jvc has been one of my favorite iem manufacturers since I first got the old fxc51. I've always kept my eye on anything they release and I've owned more jvc earphones than any other manufacturer. I feel confident in saying I think they've finally nailed the micro driver perfectly. This thing mops floor with the fxz200($150 currently/~$300 MSRP) and sounds more exciting and hifi than the fx850($300+ MSRP)

If your reading this, and are even sightly considering these earphones, take it from someone who's owned and expirenced plenty of earphones in the $500 range, these jvc are better performers sonically than almost every high end earphone I've owned including the asg 1plus, sennheiser ie80, aurisonics rockets, aurisonics forte, jvc fx850, noble 4.... Just to name a few. Very fast very punchy ever so slightly V shaped that's done very well and sounds as musical as the day is long!

Jul 30, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #240 of 260
  Someone else who has experienced and understands the majesty and beauty that is the FXH30. Welcome @ThickT 
beerchug.gif

Sadly it did not give me much of a "WOW" factor but it may be because i set my expectations too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back