Review of the all new Beyerdynamic T5p dynamic Headphone.
Nov 19, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #47 of 95
I thought these were due to be released in Sept/October time. Is there a problem that is delaying their release?

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #49 of 95
I've been listening to my T5s for a couple of days now and have to say i am very impressed. I do like them better on a dedicated amp though wich is not what they were really made for. They sound very musical and full of depth on my Concerto much like the T1s. Very neutral in sound. And due to the closed design 0 background noise.
But this should be more about portability. As a portable headphone I have listened to them on my Sony mp3 and ibasso d10. Again I found them to be a "great" sounding headphone. Not lifeless or boring. I still can't believe the price tag though.
Clearly a lot of work and build quality went into the making of these headphones. They are the most comfortable set I've ever owned. ( Hate the short cord though )

In short I don't think I would pay this much just for portable use but will use them as my regular cans as well.

Enjoy

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #50 of 95
I just picked up a pair of the D7000's recently for a really good deal to become my new portable cans. Seeing as how they were compared here to the T5p I was wondering if it was worth picking them up also. I dont do much listening at home, its mostly on the road on trains, planes or in hotels for work. So is it that much of an upgrade to the T5p for the money, or is it not really worth it since I already have the D7000's?

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #51 of 95

Quote:
I just picked up a pair of the D7000's recently for a really good deal to become my new portable cans. Seeing as how they were compared here to the T5p I was wondering if it was worth picking them up also. I dont do much listening at home, its mostly on the road on trains, planes or in hotels for work. So is it that much of an upgrade to the T5p for the money, or is it not really worth it since I already have the D7000's?

They would be very different cans. The D7000s are coloured bassy headphones with slightly recessed mids and sparkling treble. They isolate as well as any OPEN headphone I've ever owned. Sorry, they may be closed, but for practical purposes, I consider them opened in that regard. But I do like them very much (I bought them twice).

The beyer T5p's (I got to hear them a few weeks back) are more balanced/neutral IMO and are way better at isolating the outside noise. But at $1300, I would recommend looking at the Edition 8s. They are more portable than both and isolate as well as my Shure IEMs. Not to mention, I prefer their sound signature to either of these two cans.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #52 of 95
Ok cool, thanks for the feedback. Ive always been in love with the ED8's but always thought they were too much. Now that Im looking at others in the same range, guess they make sense again.

Quote:
They would be very different cans. The D7000s are coloured bassy headphones with slightly recessed mids and sparkling treble. They isolate as well as any OPEN headphone I've ever owned. Sorry, they may be closed, but for practical purposes, I consider them opened in that regard. But I do like them very much (I bought them twice).

The beyer T5p's (I got to hear them a few weeks back) are more balanced/neutral IMO and are way better at isolating the outside noise. But at $1300, I would recommend looking at the Edition 8s. They are more portable than both and isolate as well as my Shure IEMs. Not to mention, I prefer their sound signature to either of these two cans.

Dec 22, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #53 of 95
A question for the more experienced ones:

I want to create a portable and a home rig and am on the verge of buying ESW10s and D7000 for travel and for home respectively. 

Do you think I should do that or make it just one headphone in the form of t5p?

How is t5p doing for Rock, Classical and Funk?

Apr 22, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #56 of 95
What happened to the pending update with the iQube? Looking forward to impressions with a portable setup~ Wonder if it can be properly driven with a RSA Shadow or iQube...

Sep 24, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #58 of 95

Quote:
Thanks for all your guys experience!

Can you guy please tell me if I have a choice, ED8 and T5p, which one I can buy for portable, the best quality sound on-the-go?

This is my ranking of closed "portable" cans. My preference is towards neutral cans, those that prefer colored or bass heavy cans might disagree...

1. Beyerdynamic T5p
2. Shure SRH-940
3. Beyerdynamic T70p
4. Ultrasone Edition 8
5. Beyerdynamic DT-1350
6. Sony Z1000
7. Audio Technica ESW-10

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #59 of 95

Quote:
Thanks for all your guys experience!

Can you guy please tell me if I have a choice, ED8 and T5p, which one I can buy for portable, the best quality sound on-the-go?

imho ED8 is a wonderful piece of physical steel art, T5p is a piece of sonic art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back