Review of NXears new single driver Sonata, quad driver Basso, and eight driver Opera universal fit IEM
Apr 6, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #31 of 33
I'll bump this thread. Now using my Sonata with a Dunu cable and balanced out of my Plenue D3...

...still handsome, good fitting, and sweet sounding.
link to cable for those considering purchase please? Review please?

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #32 of 33
It is the DUW-03... https://www.dunu-topsound.com/product-page/duw-03

The short of it is it is accurate and a clean and uncolored sound. All the bandwidth and resolution to get about everything the Sonatas single drivers can give. Sonata sounds nice and big, a bit up front and intimate with excellent space and imaging. Everything is distinct and well placed. Extension is there on both ends as much as the armatures can show. Ear guides are comfy and hug well. heavier than some cables so you'll always feel it. Modular so you can connect to most outputs. The higher quality MMCX plugs that have a good tight fit with no play. The DUW-03 is soft and supple enough and it behaves well. Not the softest but not stiff considering the thickness. A solid cable on all fronts with great build, the modular nature making it versatile, the sound, and enough suppleness and how it behaves.

Did come with the Zen. Not sure many like to buy cables costing as much as the earphones. In this case both the Sonata and cable are $200.

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #33 of 33
Hello everyone, and welcome to another amazing article written by yours truly to add some to this thread :)

This time we take a dive with an IEM that is made to be friendly and forgiving of everything! It forgives source quality, it forgives mastering quality, it is here to make your entire life better with music, and has a really awesome bass.

My unit came with no package, so today we have no official unboxing and no photos of the final presentation, but we know the sound and based on it alone, I totally recommend the Baso IEMs from NXEars ~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/06/nx-ears-baso-long-awaited-but-welcome.html

Nx-Ears-Opera-IEMs-Drummer-BA-Design-Unboxing-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-12.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back