Review of Meier Audio Corda JAZZ with ƒƒ-technology upgrade
Jun 16, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #106 of 437
So, I did that overnight test now and can not share the experience with zigy626. I am not able to say that it sounds better or like a different amp. To me it sounds like always.

Maybe that effect is caused by other simple reasons like the fact that the ears had time to rest overnight. That paired with some imagination and we have our magic change 
wink.gif

@Focker: so it seems the Jazz performs pretty well for its money which also confirms my believe that it is hard to get another amp which really makes a step forward without costing a fortune.

Jun 16, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #107 of 437
Thanks for the info, Focker. My experience with the T1 and Jazz/Concerto + Stagedac is pretty similar. I wonder if the same would apply for different high-end headphones. 

I think Jan must have really squeezed every last bit of his technical wonders and tricks within the budget of the Jazz and the result is one little über amplifier that has, in my audio rigs, probably the best bang/buck ratio.

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #108 of 437
I just like to give them the chance to cool down once in a while. Heat is the number one thing that causes premature aging of electronics. My computer is liquid cooled, I am just waiting for some audio company to come out with liquid cooled amps.

Haha, definitely something I would look into! I'm running a very high-end water cooling solution myself and I'm always up for anything water cooling! Wonder if we can overclock those suckers to produce even better audio^^

Jokes aside, this could be affective to prolong the lifetime of the amp + It will probably look beast with visible tubes etc! :)

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #109 of 437
Shoggy/Razor: Yep, I think it is a testament to the fact that the Jazz is one hell of a little amp. I think the main justification for going with the Classic would be the crossfeed circuit. I know I sound like a broken record here, but I'm really infatuated with this thing. But yeah, I think the Classic also has a lot more to offer, but maybe the T1s just don't demand it out of that amp, you know? I think maybe even something like the HD800 would benefit from the Classic over the Jazz, and certainly the orthos. 

Jun 17, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #110 of 437
Quote:

I'm very pleased with this purchase...Even though Meier Audio has a following here on head-fi, I think this DAC would qualify as one of the best kept secrets in audio. This DAC would be great for a full speaker rig, as well, since it has the variable outputs. Just connect your power amp to the Daccord, hook in your source, and you have a helluva front end. I've also installed the drivers on my laptop so that I can use the USB functionality. So far it's worked absolutey perfectly. I didn't realize that the Daccord had as much functionality as it does. 

But if you have a Jazz and are in the market for a DAC, this Daccord is a GREAT option! 

+1...I couldn't agree more!

Daccord > AudioEngine A5+ are a very nice combo to my ears.

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #111 of 437
Quote:

+1...I couldn't agree more!

Daccord > AudioEngine A5+ are a very nice combo to my ears.

Love my little AudioEngine A2s...I'm sure those 5s sound great with the Daccord!

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #113 of 437
Quote:
Meier stuff are only available by ordering from their site? I wish there was an US retailer...

Maybe it's because I'm German-American, but I find it extra cool to order from an actual German company. Jan is all about keeping costs down, which is a big reason why his products are so highly regarded. 

BTW, Jan includes shipping in his pricing, but I highly recommend sending him an extra $20 for the better shipping option. It took about 15 calendar days when I ordered my Jazz, but only about 7 or 8 when I placed my second order for some T1s. It took the same 7 days this time around when I ordered the Classic/Daccord. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #114 of 437
Quote:

Maybe it's because I'm German-American, but I find it extra cool to order from an actual German company. Jan is all about keeping costs down, which is a big reason why his products are so highly regarded. 

BTW, Jan includes shipping in his pricing, but I highly recommend sending him an extra $20 for the better shipping option. It took about 15 calendar days when I ordered my Jazz, but only about 7 or 8 when I placed my second order for some T1s. It took the same 7 days this time around when I ordered the Classic/Daccord. 

I share  your opinion, I asked because unfortunately the only way to purchase my gear is when I travel to usa and buy from amazon or local retailers.

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #115 of 437
Quote:

I share  your opinion, I asked because unfortunately the only way to purchase my gear is when I travel to usa and buy from amazon or local retailers.

Oh really? Which country do you live in? 

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #117 of 437
Ok guys I know Meier makes great stuff, but the problem I am having is comparing the Jazz with other Amplifiers. On this website there have been very good comparative reviews of so many good amps but non of the Meier Jazz. I really wish that someone in the Head-fi community would be able to do so in the future.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #118 of 437
Quote:
Ok guys I know Meier makes great stuff, but the problem I am having is comparing the Jazz with other Amplifiers. On this website there have been very good comparative reviews of so many good amps but non of the Meier Jazz. I really wish that someone in the Head-fi community would be able to do so in the future.

I hear ya, man...I almost passed on the Meier stuff last year for the same reason. I'm going to try and work on getting some meets going here locally in Atlanta since I know a few others in my area had talked about getting something started. I'd like to spend some time listening to other stuff so I can have a better idea of how Jan's creations compare, positively and negatively. Right now I mostly go on my experience with full sized amps and the fact that I have a good understanding of what I look for in terms of a sonic signature. Jan's company is strictly word of mouth, which is great cause that means his customers aren't paying higher prices to cover his marketing, but on the flip side there are probably fewer head-fi'ers who own his gear. 

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #119 of 437
Quote:

I hear ya, man...I almost passed on the Meier stuff last year for the same reason. I'm going to try and work on getting some meets going here locally in Atlanta since I know a few others in my area had talked about getting something started. I'd like to spend some time listening to other stuff so I can have a better idea of how Jan's creations compare, positively and negatively. Right now I mostly go on my experience with full sized amps and the fact that I have a good understanding of what I look for in terms of a sonic signature. Jan's company is strictly word of mouth, which is great cause that means his customers aren't paying higher prices to cover his marketing, but on the flip side there are probably fewer head-fi'ers who own his gear. 

That would be great Focker. And I think a comparative review would be highly appreciated amongst the Meier users like us. Everytime I look at an amp on ebay like the Graham Slee I wonder how that would stack up against the Jazz. Some of these amps easily sell for upwards of $800-900 but I know the Meier does a lot of things to bring the cost down on his amp. Just looking at some inside pictures of the Jazz tells you this thing is jam packed with quality stuff.

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #120 of 437
Quote:

Good point.

Although for some reason I am under the impression that the vast majority of Meier users are real "music lovers", rather than audiophiles. Not saying that you can't be both, but there's certainly a difference there if you know what I mean. Like, myself for example, I don't feel the need to compare my Meier stuff to anything because they sound so damn good and I am enjoying my music more than ever.

I am clearly less active on Head-fi ever since I got my last package from Dr. Meier in December 2011 
biggrin.gif

But it's always interesting to read comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back