Review of Little-Dot MKIVse
Nov 27, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #32 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by iozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there some MKIVse still available? I cannot find one on ebay anymore, nor regular version. Is there another place on the web to buy one of these?

The easy way is to email David Z at Little-Tube. His link is on the Little-Tube forum. Have a good one!
wink.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #33 of 847
Quote:

Are there some MKIVse still available? I cannot find one on ebay anymore, nor regular version. Is there another place on the web to buy one of these?

I just found it. little.tube@gmail.com Just tell them what you want and they will get back to you. PayPal is best.

Nov 27, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #34 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found it. little.tube@gmail.com Just tell them what you want and they will get back to you. PayPal is best.

Tx
smily_headphones1.gif

I still don't know what to do, I'm not sure how the MKIV will pair with my MS-Pro and Darth. The fact that the bass seems to be a bit shy bothers me...
confused.gif
I'd really like to have an impactful bass response with the Alessandro...

Nov 28, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #35 of 847
Quote:

Tx
smily_headphones1.gif

I still don't know what to do, I'm not sure how the MKIV will pair with my MS-Pro and Darth. The fact that the bass seems to be a bit shy bothers me...
confused.gif
I'd really like to have an impactful bass response with the Alessandro...

Thats interesting. Honestly, my MKIVse gets way down subterranean bass and it isn't shy at all. That would be with the HD-580s or 650s. I never expected the MKIVse to "add" bass, due to it's high-end design, but you can swap tubes and get even more bass if needed. The stock Mullards are great, but they keep things flat (which is good thing for some music). When I put in my Phillips tubes, it is like flipping a switch to "rock and roll" setting! Jazz is great with them too. It is possible that sources make a big difference too. I try to run all my sources flat and let the tubes do their magic. Usually this works great. A few albums I have are poorly recorded and I have to boost things a bit,
wink.gif

Let us know how things go!!

Nov 29, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #36 of 847
Quote:

Let us know how things go!!

I asked David from Little Tube about my doubts and he told me that maybe the newly MKV was a better choice for me. But it's not a tube amp.
I don't want to add bass, I'd just like to have a punchy bass response, rock n' roll
smily_headphones1.gif

The MKV costs the same as the regular MKIV... Hmmm I think I'm going to make something stupid
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #37 of 847
Quote:

I asked David from Little Tube about my doubts and he told me that maybe the newly MKV was a better choice for me. But it's not a tube amp.
I don't want to add bass, I'd just like to have a punchy bass response, rock n' roll
smily_headphones1.gif

The MKV costs the same as the regular MKIV... Hmmm I think I'm going to make something stupid
wink.gif

He,he,he, well, judging from the specs, maybe he's right. The MKV looks totally powerful! If you get it, a review would be nice!!
Good luck either way!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #38 of 847
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

wink.gif

Hey, did you ever decide what you were going to do, yet? In a funny way, I was hoping you would pickup the MKV.
Just curious!! Thanks!
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #39 of 847
I sometimes like to modify the exterior of my amps to improve on their looks or to match a theme that is already in place. When I bought my MKIVse, it seemed so complete that I couldn't think of anything right away. Then one night, it hit me... replace the stock volume knob with something heavy, smooth and beautiful. Here is a pic of what I did:

MKIVseMod.jpg

A gold knob to match up with the gold tube guards and plate. I purchased the knob came from one of the HeadFi supporters, Parts conneXion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #40 of 847
wow that's just beautiful Penchum, do u need to open the front chassis first to change the knob?

Dec 13, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #41 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow that's just beautiful Penchum, do u need to open the front chassis first to change the knob?

Ow, no, it's dead simple. The original knob has a set screw. A very small Allen wrench. Once you have that loose, then make sure the pot is on 0, line up the new knob, slide it on the shaft and set it's Allen screw. Thats it!
That gold one is top quality! It is the 30mm one they sell (biggest).

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #43 of 847
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozz_Keren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it universal fit? if so i'll find here at my local store
biggrin.gif

They are a 6mm shaft diameter, which I think is 7/16 US. Most are in mm though, so it shouldn't be a problem.
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #45 of 847
Quote:

I sometimes like to modify the exterior of my amps to improve on their looks or to match a theme that is already in place. When I bought my MKIVse, it seemed so complete that I couldn't think of anything right away. Then one night, it hit me... replace the stock volume knob with something heavy, smooth and beautiful. Here is a pic of what I did:

MKIVseMod.jpg

A gold knob to match up with the gold tube guards and plate. I purchased the knob came from one of the HeadFi supporters, Parts conneXion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi Penchum:

Thank you for the very seductive pix -I immediately ordered the knob before it's sold out. I also sent Parts Connexion this page address so they can see how nice it looks. Thanks again for pointing this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back