Review of Inearz re-shelled UM Pro 50 and Comparison to the original Westone UM Pro 50
Dec 14, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #17 of 32
  Tell the difference between um pro30 vs umpro 50,which is better?

I covered that in my UM Pro 50 review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/westone-um-pro-50-clear-earbuds/reviews/12352, and if you want to continue this discussion, please post additional questions in UM Pro thread.

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #18 of 32
The main difference is Pro50 sounds more open versus the claustrophobic Pro30.  Also, IMHO, Pro30 has an emphasis on mids and mid-bass where Pro50 sounds more balanced (while still having a very strong slamming bass).

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #19 of 32
Thank you for the interesting comparison twister6.

I saw the InEarz-reshelled Pro50 have MMCX connector. Is it the one inherited from the original Westone or InEarz offers MMCX connector as well? 

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #20 of 32
Thank you for the interesting comparison twister6.

I saw the InEarz-reshelled Pro50 have MMCX connector. Is it the one inherited from the original Westone or InEarz offers MMCX connector as well? 

Inearz recommends and uses 2-pin. I'm pretty certain that the original connector of the UM50 they've used.

Apr 6, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #24 of 32
But did inearz include two bores.
I also wonder how both the um30 and reshelled um30 inearz compare to the ES30, UM3X and ES3X because technically they all share the same driver, just double bore with ciem and different crossovers?     

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #25 of 32
  Another outstanding review by Twister6 but let me try to help him out some.
Westone offers the easiest most comfortable fitting IEM’s in the industry.
If you achieve a good fit with Westone IEM’s, re-shelling  them is a colossal waste of money.
Any “re-shell”  company that is merely switching drivers out couldn’t possibly achieve the intended sound perfection of the original manufacturer that put 1,000’s of hours of sound engineering time in.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but just wanted to thank Spyro, and Twister6 as I've been toying with the idea of reshelling my UM Pro 30s.
The fit for me is a bit 'fiddly' especially after adding a pair of Double Helix cables. Think I'm gonna save my money and buy a pair of CIEMS instead
of having the UM Pro 30s reshelled.
again thanks for the great review and the honest opinions concerning the benefits of reshelling.

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #27 of 32
answering in UM PRO thread....

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #28 of 32
A little late to the party, but thanks a million to @twister6 for putting this together... I've always wondered about the sound difference a re-shell would make. I This this was very informative & helpful. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Westone UM56 custom sleeve adapters ( https://www.westone.com/store/music/index.php/custom-series/um56-custom-adapter-vinyl.html ). It seems this would be more akin to tip rolling than a re-shell, since the driver locations, bore etc. are all the same...the price is similar as well (and the sleeves would possibly be interchangeable).

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #29 of 32
  A little late to the party, but thanks a million to @twister6 for putting this together... I've always wondered about the sound difference a re-shell would make. I This this was very informative & helpful. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Westone UM56 custom sleeve adapters ( https://www.westone.com/store/music/index.php/custom-series/um56-custom-adapter-vinyl.html ). It seems this would be more akin to tip rolling than a re-shell, since the driver locations, bore etc. are all the same...the price is similar as well (and the sleeves would possibly be interchangeable).

I found UM56 very frustrating to align with a shell when inserting in my ears (it rotates around the nozzle): http://www.head-fi.org/products/westone-um-56/reviews/13335 - if it would be a true sleeve wrapped around the shell, it would have been a lot better.

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #30 of 32
I should have realized you already reviewed the UM56...thanks for that.

So the UM56 changes the sound less but is more of a PITA to insert, and you found the InEarz re-shell has an effect on the sound (in particular the mid-bass and staging)...which could be different from model to model, and you cant use with Shure SE...

food for thought...thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back