Review: Null Audio Studio Lune Cable
Aug 17, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #31 of 66

Quote:
5 months after arrival -- channels cutting out on an Enyo cable. 99.9% that the problem is related with the connection to the plug. Darn. I emailed from the form on the website, will do the facebook soon.

Fairly disappointed that for $80 the cable didn't last any longer than a stock cable . . . 

samething happen to me & yes its the cable solder point/s on the 3.5mm connector (L-neutrik on mine). instead of paying for return shipping & enduring the waiting time, i just resoldered the cable to the 3.5mm plug. simple effective 2min job & practically free if one has an iron. do that rather than ship it back even if u have to invest in an iron as it'll pay off in the long run as there's numerous uses for it.

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #32 of 66
I'm sorry you guys have such bad experiences with Null Audio!

I'm a local, and i live pretty near to him, perhaps 10/20km or so. As such, i've met him in real life and have bought his lune and enyo cables. cable, as well as reshelling my IEMs. His lune cable feels sturdy enough at the multifilament part, but the part after the Y-split leaves a lot to be desired.. It's been about a month and it's still as good as ever.

My enyo cables are reaching 1.5 years.. they're still fine, just slight hardening. Yup. YMMV, and i won't recommend null audio to international  buyers due to the long waiting time to get one.. Locally he's very fast to deal with.

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #33 of 66

Quote:
I'm sorry you guys have such bad experiences with Null Audio!

I'm a local, and i live pretty near to him, perhaps 10/20km or so. As such, i've met him in real life and have bought his lune and enyo cables. cable, as well as reshelling my IEMs. His lune cable feels sturdy enough at the multifilament part, but the part after the Y-split leaves a lot to be desired.. It's been about a month and it's still as good as ever.

My enyo cables are reaching 1.5 years.. they're still fine, just slight hardening. Yup. YMMV, and i won't recommend null audio to international  buyers due to the long waiting time to get one.. Locally he's very fast to deal with.

I'm sure having an international audience is a pain in the butt for them. I'm glad you've had a good experience with them. Unfortunately I don't live near any boutique cable vendors. There is Moon-Audio but they're located in North Carolina. Their Silver Dragon IEM cable looks really good but expensive!

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #34 of 66
I'm waiting about 2 weeks now to receive some Viablue T6 plugs. Their website says 7-21 days so well see.

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #35 of 66
Kevin is currently in China i think.. I think his overseas dealings are quite bad. :\

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #36 of 66
I bougth the exact cables 1,5 yeas ago for Triple.fi 10s and the buy process and replies were without any delay. Good cables, I was happy with sound quality. Unhappy for that they didnt have "memory foam" or whats that called. Anyway after 1,5 years of usage, now  the left ear piece has major connection problems.
So instead I trying get hold of the company and getting them repaired I just bougth the UE Super.fi replacement cables for 35 USD and to "average listener" as me there is no justification in the price difference. Wouldnt buy null-audio cables again. Really happy with the UE Super.fi Replacement cables (price / quality ratio is much better).

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #37 of 66
Sorry to hear about your Null Audio Cable, JTV. I've had my Lune cable for just over a year now and it's held up great. No issues except for the fact that it tangles quite easily. I do commute with them everyday now so they'll really be put to the test. 

This is the problem with buying something overseas. We can't easily get support and warranty work done. I much prefer to buy locally, or at least in the United States.

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #38 of 66
Great sound quality. However, it took an entire month from ordering to receiving.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Apr 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #39 of 66

Quote:
Great sound quality. However, it took an entire month from ordering to receiving.

Yep. Same here. Those willing to spend a bit more money should look into the cables from Moon-Audio.

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #40 of 66
Actually, I started making my own cables. More work, but worth it.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Nov 6, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #41 of 66
Real sorry I'm reviving a dead thread but couldn't find a more appropriate thread to post this.

I ordered the lune mk2 (the one wif nylon all the way the iems) and they just reached me today. Got them mostly cause I can't stand the stock cables. (They are for my 535ltds btw)

Tired them on immediately and noticed a difference instantly. Quite sure it isn't placebo. (My first aftermarket cables, didn't know wat to expect) Strangely enough I'm not sure the sound changed for the better. Thats not to say they sound bad. Jus different. It sounds as if the sound shed some weight and sounded leaner? Sry I dunno the proper terms.

They do sound clearer but I'm a cynic so I'm not sure how much of it is placebo. And I noticed I felt wat u guys call fatigue pretty soon.

I'm still on my first listen while I'm typing this so things might change after burning in.

Will post more if my opinions change. And would love if any experienced head fiers can explain what could be causing the changes I'm experiencing.

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #42 of 66
It's not that surprising that you're not necessarily liking the new sound. It takes a while to get used to a change in your audio chain as you've become so comfortable with what you've been listening to. Give it some time to get used to the sound then go back to the stock cable and see if you still think the stock one sounds better.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #43 of 66
After a month of use I thought I'd pop by to say the problem of fatigue was gone within a day of using it. My music also sounds much cleaner and clearer. Vocals sound better now. It still sounds leaner than stock,dunno if that's a good thing...
Edit: all these comments are made in comparison to stock cables. Not to the effects of burn in

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #44 of 66
Thanks for your impressions, Melon. Pretty much goes in line with my experience with the cable. I'm still using it every day on my commute to work and it's still performing great! Still, I baby the cable as they're so thin and fragile. 

Oct 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #45 of 66
got the Mk3, i agree that the cable used was too thin - i was quite surprised then i got them. initially, my right channel's right and ground was interchanged - i got in touch with Kevin and he was able to repair them on the spot, just waited for 30mins. the Y connector is now made of bulky plastic, will try to post some pics. so far, so good.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back