REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Dec 13, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #181 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by riffola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my pair, thanks to HeadphoneAddict's review!

I have a couple of questions:
1) Does it come with a carrying case? Mine has a BIG empty slot for it in the packaging.
2) How many silicone tips pairs does it come with? Small, Medium and Large? 3 pairs? or more?

Also some of the silicone tips in the box had white powder/dirt on 'em, I just hope they are not used!
smily_headphones1.gif

It should have a cheap black "spring loaded" carrying bag inside. NE-8 will include a nice round carrying case. If not, email directsales and we can send you the case.

There should be 3 pairs of S,M,L tips. In one production batch, there was a mistake and 6 pairs of ear tips were included
redface.gif

The white power dust came from the paper dust that got attracted to the ear tips by static.

Jason

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #183 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuforce-jason /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It should have a cheap black "spring loaded" carrying bag inside. NE-8 will include a nice round carrying case. If not, email directsales and we can send you the case.

There should be 3 pairs of S,M,L tips. In one production batch, there was a mistake and 6 pairs of ear tips were included
redface.gif

The white power dust came from the paper dust that got attracted to the ear tips by static.

Jason

Thanks for the quick response Jason!

Mine must have been from that production batch. No cheap case, but I did get the an extra pair or two of tips. On the earphones, Small tips, plus 2x Large, 1x Medium, and 1x Small.

I'll shoot an email to the sales team regarding the case.

The headphones sound great so far! I look forward to trying them out on my iPhone soon.

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:53 AM Post #185 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by riffola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my pair, thanks to HeadphoneAddict's review!

I have a couple of questions:
1) Does it come with a carrying case? Mine has a BIG empty slot for it in the packaging.
2) How many silicone tips pairs does it come with? Small, Medium and Large? 3 pairs? or more?

Also some of the silicone tips in the box had white powder/dirt on 'em, I just hope they are not used!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine came with a small squeeze to open flat soft case, and I think it had 1 pair small, 2 pair medium, 1 pair large tips.

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #186 of 854
Quote:

Unfortunately no. I live in Norway and I won't pay 30+$ in shipping and be without an IEM for two weeks just to get the button fixed.

If it is our problem, we WILL fix it. Contact the Icon help Desk and we can mail you a replacement earphones by cheap US Post Office 1st class mail. After you receive the replacement earphones, mail the problem item back to us by cheap post office mail (probably cost $2 if you just put the earphones in a padded envelope and send it out as a letter mail).

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #187 of 854
I remember when I purchased my first IEMs, the Sony ex-51, the tips came off easily from them (albeit they were quite durable compared to the ones that come with the PL-30), and also not quite as thick as the Shures ec2s. Anyways, I remember a tip a friend recommended was from this one-way in-ear phone/microphone which came in large (red), medium (blue), and grey (small). Unfortunately, because it was one earphone, there was one only a pair of blues (one already on the monitor, one extra) anyways, these proved to be stiffer/thicker, and it was located at Home Depot for pretty cheap

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #190 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brood_Star /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So HeadPhoneAddict, you would consider the NE-7M's better than the c751s and the RE2s?

"I have still not heard an IEM under $150 that I think sounds better than this."
That, coupled with the fact that the Denon C751s are the same as the C700s, we have a conclusion.
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #191 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I have still not heard an IEM under $150 that I think sounds better than this."
That, coupled with the fact that the Denon C751s are the same as the C700s, we have a conclusion.
biggrin.gif

You said it better than I, and I have also never heard the RE0 or RE1 etc.

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #192 of 854
At 80 hours I am noticing the NE-8 bass has gradually improved a little over the past 50 hours or so. The bass is not as big as the NE-7M, but I could live with it now. They may still have more bass than the ER6i, but I'm not so sure going from memory.

I'm listening via Macbook through Practical Devices XM5 and the pipe organ in Arne Domnerus "Antiphone Blues" has more volume than with my HE60 or ESP950 stats in my main rig. Bass is what I would call "good enough" with electronica or rock, i.e. not lacking but not impactful. If you are a basshead, get the NE-7M, but the NE-8 are slightly more detailed and neutral.

Hitting the XM5 amp's bass boost switch really kicks the bass up into overdrive, and they are pretty much like the NE-7M bass at that point. Doing that with the Denon C700 turns them into a muddy quivering mess.

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #194 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brabus9999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi HA,

Does the NE-8 need to be paired with a DAP that offers a good EQ, such as Sony's, for it to really shine?

Gritt

It sounds nice with a DAP, but better with a good bass boost. The bass boost is not neccessary but it is fun.

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #195 of 854
Headphoneaddict,

So NE-8 is slightly more detailed and neutral but less bass impact compare to NE-7.

Does that mean NE-8 bass impact is somewhat similar to podless iM716 (47 ohm) unamped? (I found podless 47ohm iM716 when driven straight of DAP lack of bass impact compare to Denon C700). Does Nuforce Icon Mobile helps the bass impact on NE-8? And are you planning to write review of NE-8? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back