REVIEW: Nuforce NE-7M iPhone IEM vs Denon C700 and Klipsch Image X10 (NE-8 Impressions Added 1/15/09)
Dec 8, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #138 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by gagalak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So are the Ne-7s any good with the stock tips, or what?

Yes - I used only the stock tips with the NE-7M for the review. I just happen to think some other brand tips work even better. That is a good thing, because I liked them before I tried other tips.

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #140 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowghost6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I thought the stock tips were fine. Had no problem getting a seal.

Shadowghost6, are the stock tips still well in your ears while walking, running or in the gym?

thnx.

Dec 9, 2008 at 12:15 PM Post #141 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by nuforce-jason View Post

We haven't had time to configure the amazon.com shipping rate to allow us to charge lower shipping cost (ie by US Post Office Priority Mail Envelope) for international order of a single NE-7M (or NE-8 later). But what we have been doing is to refund half the shipping cost of $30 so your final rate will be $15.

Jason from Nuforce

Good to know. So we can just order through your site and the refund will automatically be applied?

We will try, but if you don't receive the partial shipping refund email 3 days after receiving the shipping notification, please email the Order ID to directsales and we'll take care of it. Things are a bit hectic at this time of the year.

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #142 of 854
The Comply tips are in, so I'll give them a try this evening and see if they helped. The sound actually has improved as I listen to the set, IMO, and apart from the low-end issue, I actually am picking up more detail from the NE7Ms than I was with the the Vibes.

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #143 of 854
While I like the Complys tips a lot, I have settled on the Shure E2c black silicone tips for their ease in inserting them quickly one handed without having to roll the foam tips in my fingers. And, the isolation is better than stock tips too. With these or the Complys the sound is just unbelievable from a $49 IEM, and I really can't think of a single IEM that I have heard under $150 that can top this. And, they do this without needing an amp to sound good with the iPhone or 3G Nano or even the 2G Nano.

Also, as a lark I thought I would try the NE-7M through my son's Fiio while the Fiio burns in. I have discovered the NE-7M 4 conductor plug cannot be used directly into a Fiio amp without having it sound like artificial reverb and echo was added to the music. This is fixed if I use an earphone extension cord (like the one I have left over from my SE530) between the Fiio and the NE-7M. I don't know why anyone would want to use a Fiio with these, as the Fiio is a hissy $8 line booster that should only be used on hard to drive headphones or earphones (like IM716, AKG 240M, Yamaha orthos). None of my other portable amps does this echo thing, just the Fiio. Just didn't want people to think something was wrong, and remind people the NE-7M do scale up in performance with a good amp on the line out dock due to the cleaner signal. But there is no reason to use the Fiio line booster on the headphone out jack of your iPod when you are using NE-7M.

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #144 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With these or the Complys the sound is just unbelievable from a $49 IEM, and I really can't think of a single IEM that I have heard under $150 that can top this.

You got some im716's? That would be a fantastic comparison.
That said, we need a NE-8 review/comparison ASAP!
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 7:16 PM Post #145 of 854
how thick is the stem on these things? are they the size of standard canal phones or skinnier?

the t400 complys are the ones that westone uses, correct? does that mean that shure black foamies would fit?

thanks

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #146 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You got some im716's? That would be a fantastic comparison.
That said, we need a NE-8 review/comparison ASAP!
biggrin.gif

The de-podded IM716 MUST be amped to compete with the NE-7M, while the NE-7M sound good without an amp. I have not done a direct comparison, but they are on a similar level of performance from my recollection. I need to re-heat-shrink my resistor pod on my IM716 before I use it more, as it is coming loose.

I should have some NE-8 to compare soon.

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #147 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest1389 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how thick is the stem on these things? are they the size of standard canal phones or skinnier?

the t400 complys are the ones that westone uses, correct? does that mean that shure black foamies would fit?

thanks

Westone would use T100 like Shure and Altec Lansing, while T400 fit the Denon C700 and Super.fi 5 Pro and NE-7M (bigger sound tubes).

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #148 of 854
I cannot afford the Westone W3 right now so I got the next best thing for my girlfriend: NuForce NE-7Ms. I cannot wait to try them. She is excited too. I also got Comply T400s coming. Thanks again Larry.

Dec 10, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #149 of 854
hey HeadphoneAddict do u think you will be able to get some zagg zbuds to throught into the mix

i am suddenly leaning towards it as the design and durablity looks awesome but ultimately if the 7m sounds better illl pick that in a heart beat.

Dec 10, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #150 of 854
Just ordered me a pair. We will see how they perform.
I already have some complys for my Tripple.Fi 10s. Man, I just wish I could find a cable with a mic/button for them. Now I have to get my 50 posts so I can sell my 2 pair of UEs and Shure 530s lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back